The Steelers have had some of the greatest players in the NFL’s 100-year history by Bryan DeArdo @BryanDeArdo Mar 22, 2020 at 10:15 am ET • 10 min read Since 1972, no NFL team has been as consistently good as the Pittsburgh Steelers. In the 1970s, the Steelers were so dominant that NFL Films narrator John Facenda once said, “There are 27 teams in the National Football League, and then, there are the Pittsburgh Steelers.”Since ’72, the year Franco Harris’ Immaculate Reception gave the franchise its first playoff victory, the Steelers have enjoyed riches few other NFL franchises have ever reached. From 1974-79, the Steelers won four Super Bowls in a six-year span, a feat that has yet to be matched. Two decades later, the Blizburgh Steelers won five straight division titles while appearing on three AFC title games as well as the franchise’s fifth Super Bowl. In the 2000s, the Steelers added to their collection of Vince Lombardi Trophies, winning Super Bowls XL and XLIII behind a young quarterback, two passionate coaches and a dominant defense. Pittsburgh advanced to its ninth Super Bowl as the start of this decade, and they will leave the decade with at least three more… Read full this story
- FIFA World Cup: 11 greatest players to never win the world's biggest sporting event
- The top 50 players at the 2018 World Cup
- Ranking the top 50 players at the 2018 World Cup in Russia
- Top 40 greatest footballers: George Best outside top three as Salah, Bale and Owen make list
- Top 40 greatest footballers: George Best outside top three
- South Africa 10 England 25: Jonny May try created by Danny Cipriani helps tourists salvage pride
- Goals, Drama, Controversy: What Tournaments Make The Top Five Best World Cups?
- From Seaman to Aubameyang, all 222 players to play for Arsenal under Wenger
- Tiger Woods: Open offers best chance of major success
- 25 moments that made the World Cup 2018 the best ever
The 10 greatest players in Steelers history: From Joe Greene to Troy Polamalu and more of Pittsburgh's best have 302 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 22, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.