Lady Gaga , who helped curate Global Citizen's One World: Together at Home special , brought together iconic vocalists Celine Dion , Andrea Bocelli and John Legend to sing "The Prayer." The song was originally released in 1999 as a duet between Dion and Bocelli.
The singers were joined by famed pianist Lang Lang for the remote performance. Dion kicked things off, reassuringly delivering the classical song. Gaga and Legend sang select parts while the majority of the tune was handled by its original performers.
Global Citizen ~ The second @celinedion started to sing "The Prayer", I cried~ I then cried for @ladygaga and @AndreaBocelli and @lang_lang ~ So beautiful~ A moment of beauty amidst the horror of this virus ~ Stay home everyone~ save the world! Stevie Nicks
— Stevie Nicks (@StevieNicks) April 19, 2020
Gaga also performed on her own, covering "Smile," as made famous by both Charlie Chaplin and Nat King Cole. She performed from behind her white piano with lit candles around her, offering some joy in the midst of the ballad with breaks for jauntier playing. Before her performance, she noted how honored she was to be a part of the World Health Organization and Global Citizen. The special helped generate $127 million in donations that will go towards WHO's efforts to fight COVID-19 around the globe.
The special — hosted by late-night TV's Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon — also featured Paul McCartney ( who performed the Beatles' "Lady Madonna" ), Kacey Musgraves , the Rolling Stones , Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift , Lizzo , Alicia Keys, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Usher, Eddie Vedder , Chris Martin, J Balvin, John Legend, Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Billie Joe Armstrong, LL Cool J and many more.
Denzel Washington’s Movies Ranked, From Worst to Best
Like many other spring releases, Lady Gaga chose to postpone the debut of her upcoming album Chromatica . She noted in her official statement that she had events like a secret Coachella set planned leading up to the LP's release. She added that it didn't feel "right' to release the album in the middle of the global pandemic. Gaga promised a new release date soon.
- Ladies in red! Kylie Jenner and Mariah Carey rock VERY festive dresses while Justin Bieber and wife Hailey dress down at the beach as they lead celebrities in celebrating the holidays
- Happy Thanksgiving from Hollywood! Tinsletown sprinkles the glamor on Turkey Day as A-listers from J-Lo and A-Rod to Reese Witherspoon and the Kardashians share photos of their family celebrations
- Glastonbury 2021 booking team told to ‘stand down’ in clearest sign yet next year’s festival is cancelled
- Trump-supporting rapper Lil Wayne fumes as he's 'not involved nor invited' to upcoming Grammys
- Mariah Carey prepares a 'fresh batch of cookies for Santa' and Jennifer Lopez adds the finishing touches to her elaborate spruce as they lead stars gearing up for Christmas
- The Golden Trailer Awards nominations are revealed: Netflix, A Star Is Born and production company Trailer Park lead the way
- Netflix: excellent movies to watch this week in December 2020
- American Music Awards 2020 WINNERS: Taylor Swift CONFIRMS she is in-studio re-recording all of her old music while accepting top honor... as a bandaged The Weeknd earns THREE trophies in front of limited audience
- 50 Black Actors Who Made Entertainment History
- Culture Interrupted: 2020 devastated the arts - can young musicians survive the blow?
- 'The right kind of notorious': Mariah Carey, Katy Perry and Kelly Ripa lead a host of stars paying tribute to Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg after her death at 87 of pancreatic cancer
- From 'King Lear' to 'Frankenstein': Famous Works Produced in Isolation
- Theater Review: A Cranky Teen Joan of Arc in
- Mistakes From the 100 Worst Movies of All Time
- The 60 best shows on BBC iPlayer to watch right now
- These Are the Bestselling Books of 2020
- Warhol, Stonewall, and Where LGBTQ Activism Went Wrong: Penny Arcade Takes Center Stage
Lady Gaga, Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, John Legend Offer ‘The Prayer’ for ‘Together at Home’ Special have 684 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at April 19, 2020. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.