close Video Queen Elizabeth’s biggest moments, from ascending the throne to an assassination attempt For almost 70 years Queen Elizabeth has ruled the United Kingdom. Here are some of her biggest moments. Prince Philip’s cousin Lady Pamela Hicks has fond memories of Queen Elizabeth II, who turned 94 on Tuesday. Hicks, 90, is the daughter of Philip’s uncle Lord Mountbatten and a former lady-in-waiting to the reigning monarch. She was also a bridesmaid at Elizabeth’s wedding to Philip in 1947. She vividly recalled how Philip’s mother Princess Alice of Battenberg left Greece to live with the queen and the prince for the final two years of her life before her death in 1969 at age 84. “The Queen was always marvelous with Princess Alice,” Hicks recently revealed on her daughter India Hicks’ podcast. “Princess Alice was staying at Windsor and the Queen felt responsible,” she continued. KATE MIDDLETON WRITES LETTER TO ‘INSPIRATIONAL’ STAFF AT CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL BATTLING COVID-19 Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, husband of Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II, is shown in a reunion with his mother, Princess Alice of Greece. (Getty) QUEEN ELIZABETH’S BIRTHDAY GUN SALUTE CANCELED AMID CORONAVIRUS: REPORT Alice was born congenitally deaf at Windsor Castle in… Read full this story
- Prince Philip and the Queen Mother 'never really got along'
- Royal SHOCK: Queen and Prince Philip 'MISSED Princes Charles’ most important day'
- Britain's Prince Philip to step down from official duties in August
- A Royal Family Friend Recalls the Bond Between Queen Elizabeth and Her Sister
- REVEALED: The LIFE-CHANGING promise Prince Philip gave Queen Elizabeth II on wedding day
- After a Crash, Prince Philip, 97, Stokes Debate on Older Drivers
- Royal SNUB: How Queen and Prince Philip 'cold-shouldered' Edward and Mrs Simpson
- Royal WARS: How Prince Charles 'BLAMED Prince Philip for FORCING unhappy marriage'
- Queen Elizabeth II news: How Her Majesty 'does THIS to get rid of guests'
- Prince Philip’s Car Crash Fuels His Reputation For Arrogance
Prince Philip’s cousin says Queen Elizabeth was ‘patient’ and ‘kind’ to ‘very sharp’ mother-in-law have 314 words, post on www.foxnews.com at April 21, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.