LAS VEGAS (AP) — Wee-hour walk-ins can’t gamble or get a drink these days at the Stage Door, a bar, casino and convenience store tucked in a corner behind Las Vegas Strip resorts. But operations chief John Vizcarra told the Las Vegas Sun “We did a last call for alcohol for the first time ever at our bar,” Vizcarra said. “The market, though, is still open. We have bread and milk and eggs and toilet paper and refreshments. We haven’t been hit by any of the hoarding. Everyone who comes in is very respectful. We’ve seen a more positive side of people, I think.” The Stage Door sits across Flamingo Road from Bally’s hotel-casino, near Koval Lane. In years gone by, it wouldn’t have been uncommon to see Frank Sinatra and friends at the bar following one of Sinatra’s nearby performances. But the Stage Door is more than a legendary resort-corridor watering hole. The market is a secret gem for construction workers, for whom it also offers a paycheck-cashing service. On a recent weekday afternoon, store shelves were fully stocked with everything from cases of bottled water to canned food items. “We thought about closing the store but kept it… Read full this story
- The End of ‘Seinfeld’
- ‘I Don’t Care If You Get Me Sick.’ People Are Still Dating—or at Least Sexting—During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Mission: unlistenable
- Infectious disease experts reveal how Australia's lockdowns could be lifted month-by-month - but warn it may be two years before our lives are back where they were before the coronavirus pandemic
- Weed Racer: The Unlikely Rise and Epic Fall of Florida’s Marijuana-Smuggling Kingpin
- Australia smashes the coronavirus curve: Just 13 people are diagnosed nationwide in a remarkable 24 hours that saw four states and territories record ZERO new cases - here's when lockdowns could end
- Rise of the coronavirus cheaters: People reveal how they manage to have lockdown affairs - including a personal trainer having FaceTime sex and a city worker who flouted the rules to invite a woman to his London pad
- Coronavirus: what would a year of physical distancing mean for the UK?
- Coronavirus latest: Trump says disinfectant, bleach and ultra-violet light comments were 'sarcastic'
- Coronavirus: Trump says disinfectant, bleach and ultra-violet light comments were 'sarcastic'
Stage Door stays open, not for drinking but for shopping have 375 words, post on apnews.com at April 19, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.