One of the many epic things the MCU has granted us over the years is Star Lord’s sweet dance moves. Whether grooving his way through an ancient temple on his way to steal an infinity gem like a Smooth Criminal or challenging Ronan the Accuser to a dance battle, the superhero played by Chris Pratt slays as much with his twinkle toes as his blaster gun. But there exists one other legend who even Star-Lord is afraid of matching steps with: Kevin Bacon. This was proved when Bacon challenged Pratt to a dance-off on Twitter, which the latter winsomely declined.
To anyone who hasn’t seen Footloose , I think today is the perfect day to change that. As to a dance off? I would lose that dance off Kev, so I must concede. I doff my cap to you sir. Also… I miss Chris Penn.
It all started when the whole of the internet got together to celebrate International Dance Day. The official Twitter account for Marvel Studios honored the day with a gif of Star-Lord’s hypnotic crotch-thrust from the original Guardians of the Galaxy . Kevin Bacon was tagged in the post, with a challenge to a dance-off.
Kevin Bacon responded by posting a gif from his classic dance movie Footloose , where his character dances on the stands with the character played by late actor Chris Penn. Bacon then proceeded to tag Chris Pratt in his post, which resulted in Pratt’s response. Needless to say, it is clear that Pratt recognizes the epicness of Bacon’s classic moves to be a notch higher than his own grooving to save the universe.
The cool thing is, Pratt’s adoration of Bacon and Footloose is carried over into the MCU, where Peter Quill aka Star-Lord has declared Footloose as the best movie ever made. The Guardians of the Galaxy series leans pretty heavily into 80’s nostalgia since that was the era in which Quill was a young boy living on Earth before he was kidnapped by space pirates and raised as one of them.
Perhaps Star-Lord needs to look within the MCU for a suitable dance contender, and that may be none other than the God of Thunder himself, Thor. Chris Hemsworth has showcased his fancy footwork in the Ghostbusters reboot, and was a contestant on Australia’s Dancing with the Stars . Fans would love to see Thor and Star-Lord engage in a dance battle where they let rhythm be judge, jury, and executioner in the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie, which will see Thor take a break from Earth to spend some time with Quill and his crew in space.
As for Kevin Bacon, the actor has appeared in a previous Marvel movie, X-Men: Days of Future Past , but since that was not a part of the MCU, the door is still wide open for him to be involved in a future film in the franchise, perhaps even cameoing as his own self for Star-Lord to fangirl over.
- Dwayne Johnson, Hugh Jackman, Chris Pratt: These celebrity dads over 40 are setting lockdown fitness goals
- 'The strength, the courage': Oprah Winfrey leads the tributes to Chadwick Boseman while Kamala Harris says she is 'heartbroken' as Marvel co-stars and Hollywood praise the Black Panther star after his death from cancer aged 43
- Chadwick Boseman dies at 43, Avengers unite to pay tribute to Black Panther star: ‘Rest in power, King’
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Actress Caroline Quentin, The Wanted's Max George and Nadine Coyle's NFL player ex Jason Bell are unveiled as the FIRST celebs to take on the ballroom
- Strictly Come Dancing 'completes the 2020 line-up with 21-year-old singer and YouTube star HRVY'... who is the rumoured ex-boyfriend of 2019 contestant Saffron Barker
- 'Groundbreaking!' Boxer Nicola Adams is 'set to be in Strictly Come Dancing's FIRST same-sex pairing' in a move many feel is 'well overdue'
- Strictly star Maisie Smith admits she has 'dancing experience' but insists she's got 'no technical ability'... as it's revealed she's trained in ballet and has worked with Kevin Clifton
- Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman, 43, secretly married girlfriend Taylor Simone Ledward as he started to lose his four-year battle against colon cancer and she was at his side when he died
- Friends and co-stars pay tribute to 'Black Panther' star Chadwick Boseman
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Who is in final line-up? All the confirmed stars
- ‘Avengers’ Stars Pay Tribute to ‘True Original’ Chadwick Boseman
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: EastEnders wild child Maisie Smith and 2019 ballroom casualty Jamie Laing CONFIRMED alongside stand-up comic Bill Bailey and Invictus Games star JJ Chalmers
- Chadwick Boseman, star of Black Panther, dies at 43 after four year battle with cancer
- Hollywood Reeling Over Chadwick Boseman; Ava DuVernay, Denzel Washington, Bob Iger, Barry Jenkins, Joe Biden, Marvel’s Kevin Feige, Kamala Harris & Others Mourn Star’s Death – Update
- I'm A Celebrity 2020: Stars set to battle freezing temperatures and survive without a ROOF as bosses confirm first UK-based series will be based at derelict 200-year-old haunted Gwrych Castle in Wales... (and ITV shelled out £1m for the privilege)
- The minibus driver throwing doubt on Harry Maguire's 'fake cops' claim: Chauffeur says two undercover officers clearly identified themselves before asking him to take Man Utd star and friends to police station
- EastEnders dope-storm star Maisie Smith signs up for Strictly Come Dancing as line-up is revealed
- Wonder Woman 1984: Kristen Wiig's transformation into Cheetah is revealed in full trailer... as stars gather for panel at DC FanDome
- I'm A Celebrity will swap jungle for ruined British castle, ITV says
- Celebrities dads over 40 who gave us fitness inspiration during lockdown
Kevin Bacon Challenges Star-Lord to a Footloose Dance-Off and Chris Pratt Says No Way have 935 words, post on movieweb.com at May 2, 2020. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.