Police fear a weekend of street violence could be ahead after officers were again attacked on Friday night.
Cops were pelted with objects as they failed in their attempts to shut down another block party in West Kilburn, west London, last night.
It is reported that the rave simply switched venues from Harrow Road as party-goers joined a second illegal unlicensed event in nearby Maida Vale.
Bottles and other missiles were hurled at them as they attempted to disburse the crowds.
The capital has been gripped by disorder as the parties went on for a third day with police injured as they struggle to combat the violence.
Riot police ‘battled hundreds of revellers’ – with truncheons used and helicopters circling as they tried to restore calm.
The altercations came after raves in Brixton and Notting Hill turned ugly – and officers were attacked.
Now they are bracing themselves for more trouble this weekend.
Metropolitan Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick warned that ‘consequences will follow’ for those who attack officers.
She wrote in The Sun : “The officers I met this week were poised to deal with whatever they faced. Hundreds ready in full kit, should there be a violent or aggressive crowd to deal with.
“My message to those involved in thuggery and criminal damage is consequences will follow.”
Dame Cressida previously said the force had a ‘duty’ to stop unlawful music events during the pandemic.
Police remain on the lookout for illegal parties with extra officers on hand to close venues.
Met Police officers were attacked when they attempted to break up a party at the Angell Town estate in Brixton, south London, last week which resulted in four arrests.
A street party descended into chaos after police were pelted with missiles in clashes that left 22 officers injured.
Footage on social media showed police vehicles being smashed up by vandals during the confrontation with a large and “very hostile” crowd near the Angell Town estate in Brixton.
Then on Thursday, a party in Notting Hill led to similar scenes.
Downing Street condemned the ‘appalling’ scenes the Home Secretary Priti Patel outraged by “stomach-churning” footage of yobs pelting officers.
- ‘Stabbing’ at Roddy Ricch rap gig in Brixton as London knife epidemic rages on
- Shocking new bodycam footage of moment female cop is fly kicked into the path of BUS by yob
- Cries in the night: Life in the limbo of a Mexican shelter
- Labour MP David Lammy claims he’s seen ‘no police’ on streets since London violence… as cop stands behind him
- The Curse of the Bahia Emerald, a Giant Green Rock That Wreaks Havoc and Ruins Lives
- Paris riots – French police pepper spray ‘yellow vest’ protesters as violent clashes break out in capital for FIFTH week
- Sadiq Khan slammed by Windrush descendent Sean Bailey for failing on crime with 1,000 extra cops needed to tackle Lawless London
- Moment ‘Spider-Man’ Alain Robert attempts illegal climb of tallest building in City of London Heron Tower with NO HARNESS
- Man, 20s, knifed to death outside Ilford train station in forth horror stabbing in seven hours in London
- Big Star's Third: 'It's hard to nail the chaos'
- James Brown obituary
- The best movies to stream this New Year’s Eve weekend
- Courtroom emotions high after jurors convict S.A. mom of murder
- The Latest: Israel strikes Gaza after gunfire with militants
- DT10: Crime. From drones to body cams, tech is changing the fight against crime
- Julian Assange whines he has ‘dental issues and osteoporosis’ as he faces five years in US prison after dramatic arrest
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's fabrications on Medicare, immigrants
- TxDOT will add extra lanes to Texas 249 with restriping project
- Sri Lanka Easter bombings – Brit student and mum among 207 killed in Easter Sunday church & hotel bomb attacks
- Prince Harry reveals he and Meghan Markle will only have TWO children to help save the planet (unlike William and Kate with three) - and says how 'unconscious bias' is causing racism in Britain in wife's Vogue
London rocked by third night of violence as cops clash with illegal ravers have 647 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at June 27, 2020. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.