The Latest on the May 25 death in Minneapolis of George Floyd, a handcuffed black man who pleaded for air as a white police officer pressed a knee on his neck: TOP OF THE HOUR: — Thousands of protesters on New York City streets after curfew. — Protest in Washington on Tuesday lacking tension of previous night’s demonstrations. — Thousands march in protest in Los Angeles and other California cities. — The Minneapolis school board votes to end its contract with the Minneapolis Police Department. ___ NEW YORK — Thousands of demonstrators protesting the death of George Floyd remained on New York City streets on Tuesday after an 8 p.m. curfew put in place by officials struggling to stanch destruction and growing complaints that the nation’s biggest city was reeling out of control night after night. Mayor Bill de Blasio had doubled down on a citywide curfew, moving it up from 11 p.m. a night earlier, but rejected urging from President Donald Trump and an offer from Gov. Andrew Cuomo to bring in the National Guard. Protests had resumed Tuesday during the day over the death of Floyd, a black man who died on May 25 after a white Minneapolis… Read full this story
- A $350,000 hotel suite towering over New York City, anyone?
- 'I danced in so many mob clubs I learned Italian': Former stripper who performed in New York City in the '70s charms social media with enthralling (and R-rated) stories about those days
- Huge New York City-themed aquarium is opening in new US mega attraction
- Elisabeth Moss kisses mystery man on the street in New York City after enjoying drinks at bar
- John Legend and model wife Chrissy Teigen paid food trucks to feed New York City protesters for free
- Electric Delivery Trucks Are Actually Working Well In New York City
- Ovation Travel Group Publicly Unveils New “Sunday in the City” Mini-FAMS in New York City for its Luxury Advisors
- Lugana DOC Completes Successful Grand Tasting Event with Sold Out Educational Seminars in New York City
- Walmart's Jet to cease its New York City fresh grocery business
- Jada Pinkett Smith sparkles in purple sequin top while promoting new Facebook show in New York City
The Latest: Thousands on New York City streets after curfew have 353 words, post on apnews.com at June 3, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.