Last modified on Jul 19, 2020 15:05 BST Bridie Wilkins Sustainable wedding dresses from Stella McCartney, Reformation, Mother of Pearl and more. Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi’s secret wedding was very unique compared to other royals – and one of the major differences was that Beatrice chose to upcycle a dress from the Queen. The royal is not the only one to champion sustainability on her wedding day; Lyst reports that searches for “vintage”, “second hand” or “pre-owned” wedding dresses are up 38 per cent year on year.SEE: 22 celebrity couples who have got engaged in 2020 so far Loading the player… WATCH: The best celebrity wedding dresses of 2019 This is not surprising considering wedding dresses are by default, unsustainable. You’ll likely only wear it once, while materials often used for bridal dresses such as silk are the most resource-intensive and thus have the biggest impact on the environment. Beyond the dress, wedding waste runs the gamut from food to single-use decorations and winds up creating more carbon emissions than one person produces in an entire year. Luckily, a burgeoning group of bridal designers are making a powerful call to arms and bringing environmentally conscious styles to the fore. Here’s our edit of the very… Read full this story
- Gabrielle Union shares Instagram photos of wedding dress
- Princess Beatrice personalises her outfits with this sweet detail - relating to her nickname
- Family of Queen's late cousin Lady Elizabeth Anson enlist Princess Beatrice's wedding videographer to make a film about her life - and he hints it might include interviews with the royals
- 5 royal engagement ring replicas you can buy on Amazon: From Kate Middleton to Princess Beatrice
- Princess Beatrice's stepson's mother's incredible house could be a show home
- Royal wedding dresses in order of price: Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, Princess Eugenie, more
- Meghan Markle's wedding dress with ex-husband was identical to Kate Middleton's - PHOTOS
- Mandy Moore's pink ruffled wedding dress takes centre stage in never-before-seen photo
- Can You Solve The Mystery Of The Wedding Dress Mix-Up?
- Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi enjoy a romantic stroll in London during lockdown
10 best sustainable wedding dresses: As seen on Princess Beatrice and more have 342 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at July 19, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.