Dominic Raab warned that more summer holidays abroad could be ruined today as he said he could not guarantee more countries would not be slapped with quarantine rules. He spoke out after holidaymakers already in Spain were told they would now have to spend 14 days in isolation on their return after air bridge rules were reversed overnight. The change was made because of a spike in cases in the popular holiday destination, and it will raise fears that other countries could follow suite. France, Germany and Australia are among countries that have recorded increases in cases in recent days. Asked on Sky’s Ridge on Sunday this morning if other countries could face fresh quarantine restrictions, Mr Raab said: ‘Well, look, as we found with Spain, we can’t give a guarantee. ‘All we can say is we’ve got this Joint Biosecurity Centre, as you can see we monitor the risk in real time, we take decisive swift action and so there is an element of uncertainty this summer as people go abroad. ‘And that’s why our advice is follow the Foreign Office travel advice, which will also link in to the quarantine principles, look very carefully at doing that.’ Asked… Read full this story
- Lockdown rules to ease in March but there won’t be a ‘Big Bang’ return to normal life, says Dominic Raab
- Dominic Raab hints people WON'T get second Covid jabs within 12 weeks and says some first injections might not be before September - despite 10 new vaccine hubs and Hancock claim that we are 'in home straight'
- More than half of over-80s have now had Covid jabs: Matt Hancock reveals the good news as as he claims we are 'on the home straight' - but Dominic Raab hints all adults might not be vaccinated before September
- Chaos as air bridge to Costas is axed overnight! Brits in Spain are ordered into 14-day quarantine on their return and trips for thousands hit as essential-only travel advice kicks in after new Covid outbreak – amid warning more countries will follow
- Arrivals in UK could be asked to stay in quarantine hotels, Raab says
- Minister ‘Hopes’ Restrictions Can Be Lifted by March…to Be Replaced by Tiers Again
- Around 1.4 million Britons in Spain face travel chaos as government introduces compulsory two-week 'house arrest' quarantine amid scramble to return home after bombshell axing of 'air bridge'
- 'No holidays for Brits for a year': Travel industry's dire warning after Boris's threat to quarantine ALL UK arrivals in airport hotels send BA, Ryanair and easyJet share prices tumbling
- Now schools face a 'postcode lottery' for reopening - as top medic Dr Jenny Harries warns it is 'likely' they will return at different times and hints they WILL remain closed until after Easter
- Soldiers will help build 80 new vaccination centres in Scotland as Army is drafted in to help with Britain’s Covid jab drive
Where next? Dominic Raab puts more holidays into doubts as he warns there is no 'guarantee' new quarantine restrictions will not be put in place for MORE countries after shock overnight decision to remove Spain from air bridge list have 475 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 26, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.