A statue of Diana, Princess of Wales, commissioned by the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex, will be installed on what would have been her 60th birthday, Kensington Palace says.
It will be placed in the garden of the London palace on 1 July 2021.
The statue was commissioned by the princes in 2017 to mark the 20th anniversary of their mother’s death and to “recognise her positive impact”.
On Monday it will be 23 years since she was killed in a car crash in Paris.
Kensington Palace said installation of the sculpture had been delayed by the coronavirus pandemic, but it would be unveiled in the Sunken Garden next year.
It has been created by artist Ian Rank-Broadley, whose portrait of the Queen appears on all UK coins.
Further details of the design will be announced later, according to Kensington Palace.
When they announced the commission, the princes said they hoped the permanent sculpture would help all those who visited Kensington Palace to “reflect on her life and her legacy”.
“Our mother touched so many lives,” they said.
The Princess of Wales died on 31 August 1997, when Prince William and Prince Harry were aged just 15 and 12.
Several London memorials have been created in tribute to Diana, including the Diana Memorial Playground at Kensington Palace, the Diana Memorial Fountain in Hyde Park, and the Diana Memorial Walk at St James’s Palace.
A memorial garden known as the White Garden was also planted at Kensington Palace to mark the 20th anniversary of her death.
- Lauren Silverman dons a chic navy dress and knee-high boots as she steps out in London... after beau Simon Cowell cancels his 60th birthday bash
- Is Princess Charlotte sporting Prince George's $35 sneakers in birthday photos?
- Experts may have found Bones of English Princess
- This Day in Gaming History – Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Play as Princess Daisy and explore a new world in ‘Super Mario Run’ update
- Celebrate the PS Vita’s Birthday With Some Big Sales
- Capcom marks Mega Man’s 25th Anniversary with iOS social game Mega Man Xover
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Princess Leia’s Iconic Buns are Going Away
- Titanfall update reduces audio install time, adds "extreme" frame-rate support
- Behind the lens with a paparazzi prowling L.A. for celebrity prey
- Hitman: Absolution Review
- All aboard! Go inside the most high-tech cruise ship ever built
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Gear Unlock and Locations Guide – How To
- Sunset Overdrive Quests Guide – Quest Locations, How to Unlock and Rewards
- Batman Arkham Knight Riddler Riddles Locations, Trophy Puzzles, Bomb Rioters, Destructibles Objects
- Thousands of Players Gather in Star Wars: The Old Republic This Week to Honor Carrie Fisher
- Countdown to Skyward Sword Part VI: Of Gold and Legendary Blades
- Wonder Woman 2 Movie Will Be the First to Combat Sexual Harassment With New Policies
- New Releases August 1 Through 7, 2010
- Windows 10 Vs. Windows 8.1: The Major Differences
Princess Diana statue to be installed to mark her 60th birthday have 506 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at August 28, 2020. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.