The 44-year-old American shot a two-over 72 for the second successive round to leave him with little to play for leading into the final day at TPC Harding Park in San Francisco. It will end as another opportunity missed for the reigning Masters champion in his bid to equal Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 major victories. Woods has managed 15 over a 24-year professional career, but only one since 2008. “There’s not as many [opportunities to win] as when I first started playing,” Woods said after completing his round. “The reality is that the golf courses are getting bigger. They are getting longer. The margin between making the cut and the lead is a lot smaller than it used to be. Used to be sometimes 12 to 15 shots. “Now we had, what, nine shots here? It’s just different. It’s getting tighter and it’s getting harder to win events, but you look at the leaderboard of most major championships, you see the same guys. 2 birdies. Tiger Woods cards a 2-over 72 in Round 3 of the PGA Championship. He’s +2 for the tournament. pic.twitter.com/cG7XCaJfUH — PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) August 8, 2020 “May not be always the same winners, but… Read full this story
- Tiger Woods could beat most of Masters field blindfolded, says Ernie Els
- Masters champion Tiger Woods visits his Florida restaurant as doctor describes ‘almost miraculous’ recovery
- Masters 2019: Tiger Woods' win at Tour Championship let him know he could win again
- Tiger Woods’ Betting Odds: Chances Golfer Wins 2019 US Open, More Majors After Masters Victory
- Tiger Woods Is Closing In on Sam Snead’s Record
- Tiger Woods, in Range of Masters Win, Displays His Dominance for New Generation
- How honest family man Phil Mickelson is pitted against love cheat Tiger Woods in the ultimate golfing showdown
- Tiger Woods vs Sergio Garcia and Brooks Koepka’s bust-up with Dustin Johnson… the simmering feuds at the Masters 2019
- Tiger Woods vs Sergio Garcia and Brooks Koepka’s bust-up with Dustin Johnson… golf’s biggest feuds ahead of the Masters 2019
- Tiger Woods not thinking about 18 as Jack Nicklaus says: 'I'm shaking in my boots'
Tiger Woods accepts reality over dwindling major chances have 342 words, post on www.mykhel.com at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.