COVID-19 hospital in Kerala, built by the Tata Group, was inaugurated here on Wednesday by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who said it was an excellent example of how Public Private Partnership can be put to good use. Built by the Tata Group using prefabricated containers in just five months at a cost of Rs 60 crore, the 551 bed hospital has 36 ventilators for the patients. The Chief Minister, who inaugurated the hospital through video conferencing, thanked the Tata Group for showing interest in the health sector of Kerala. “The Covid hospital constructed by the Tata group, which will take care of the people during the pandemic, is an excellent example of how Public-Private Partnership can be put to good use,” Vijayan said. The 80,000 sq ft-hospital has been built on five acres of land at Thekkil village in Kasaragod. The authority to decide the facilities and the appointments to the hospital is with the state government. Meanwhile, the largest Covid First Line Treatment Centre (CFLTC) in the state, a 1,400 bed facility, was also opened on Wednesday atNattika at Thrissur. The facility was set up at the building of Emmay Projects (India) Private Ltd, owned by M A Yusuff… Read full this story
- Assembly session in Kerala begins on Monday
- Champions Boat League: Kerala's traditional Snake Boat Races get an IPL-styled revamp
- Codemasters And Motorsport Network Announce Inaugural DiRT World Championships
- Real Kashmir FC, Adidas unveil new home jersey dedicated to the die-hard fans of I-League newbies
- Agency Reckoner 2018-19: India’s leading media agencies
- Kochi readies to host Women Startup Summit
- Was Tharoor's mishap an accident or foul play?
- Minister blames KIIFB for delay in road works
- SSS to deploy 900 sanitation workers
- Coimbatore: Naxal trainer remanded in judicial custody
First dedicated COVID-19 hospital in Kerala inaugurated have 278 words, post on health.economictimes.indiatimes.com at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.