Ohio’s Republican Gov Mike DeWine has issued a three-week curfew on businesses as COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations surge to record highs across the state. The curfew, which will take effect from Thursday, means retail businesses will have to close between 10pm to 5am every night for 21 days. Grocery stores and pharmacies are exempt from the curfew shutdown. Restaurants must close for indoor dining by 10pm but can remain open after the curfew for takeout and delivery. Violation of the curfew could result in a $750 fine. DeWine said the measure was needed to reduce cases and stop the state’s hospitals from being overrun. Ohio’s Republican Gov Mike DeWine has issued a three-week curfew on businesses as COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations surge to record highs across the state There has been a sharp uptick in cases and hospitalizations in Ohio since mid-October. Deaths are also now increasing He said the retail business curfew, paired with increased mask-wearing, could help reduce the contact people have with each other by 20 to 25 percent. The Republican governor also urged residents to reduce their daily contact with others and to remain home as much as they can after 10pm. ‘We’re going to try… Read full this story
- Michael Bloomberg's entry to presidential race raises ethics issues for his media company which announces it will no longer investigate any Democratic candidates
- 'I'm a lucky man that Barbara Bush was my mother': George W Bush leads tributes as former First Lady dies aged 92, two days after stopping medical treatment with her husband of 73 years by her side until the very end
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 27
- What a hero! Adorable moment U.S. veteran high-fives Melania Trump after being awarded Legion of Honor medal from French President Macron for his D-Day heroics 75 years ago - as he reveals he wanted to hug the First Lady 'but just froze'
- Santorum gets some southern hospitality as he wins both Alabama AND Mississippi - crushing Romney and Gingrich
- Nursing shortage 'is forcing NHS to rely on less qualified staff' to plug gaps as figures show 44,000 job posts are empty
- Midterm Elections Live Results: Democrats Have Flipped The House And Republicans Will Keep The Senate
- Iraq crisis: Obama announces increase in US military aid to combat Isis surge – live
- Marijuana Midterms: What to Watch on Election Day
- Democratic debate night 2: Fact-checking the candidates on the issues
Ohio's Republican governor issues statewide curfew for 21 days that forces businesses to shut from 10pm until 5am as COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations surge to record highs have 389 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 17, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.