James Argent has reflected on suffering a drug overdose that almost claimed his life last year in a candid social media update.
On Saturday, the former The Only Way Is Essex star celebrated turning 33-years-old – however he almost didn’t make it to such an age following an incident in 2019.
Taking to Instagram on Saturday, Arg shared a video of himself singing the 1986 song Blackbird by The Beatles as he looked back on his overdose health scare.
While his update also comes more than 11 months into the reality star’s journey of sobriety after he quit drugs at the start of the year.
Sharing his video, Arg wrote: “A year ago today on my birthday I was rushed into hospital after a near fatal drug overdose.
“Today I’m over 11 months clean & sober, If I can achieve this in 2020 with everything against me then I believe I can achieve anything.
“Thank you for your love & best wishes. I will continue to make my Family, Friends & supporters proud of me.”
The TV star also went on to share his personal pick-me-up whenever he feels down.
He wrote: “Ps Whenever I feel down or depressed I listen to @thebeatles & it makes me feel better!”
Friends and followers were quick to support Arg, with Loose Women star Saira Khan writing: “You Can achieve anything Arg. You just need to want it soo much.”
And another typing: “Well done. A day at a time.”
While good friend Mark Wright remarked: “I am beyond proud of you Arg.
“I was so worried about you every day, you gave me constant anxiety, to be 11 months sober is incredible for somebody that was in such a dark place.”
Earlier this year it was revealed that Arg had spent a night in hospital after suffering two overdoses in the space of two months.
On-off girlfriend Gemma Collins was said to have saved the reality star’s life by acting quickly and raising the alarm.
Arg himself went on to bare all in an interview where he revealed he would, at his lowest points, lock himself away in a dark room and take drugs while in despair.
- James Argent reveals he’s a cocaine addict and suffered TWO near-fatal overdoses
- TOWIE's James Argent 'is in advanced talks to join the Dancing On Ice line-up but would have to undergo drug tests after admitting addiction issues'
- James Argent shows off his five-stone weight loss as he keeps up his fitness by going roller skating after vowing to get healthier following rehab stint for cocaine addiction
- Gemma Collins says she’s ‘overwhelmed’ after bitter break-up with James Argent where he called her a ‘hippo’
- James Argent reveals cocaine addiction made him hate Gemma Collins – but ‘guardian angel’ Mark Wright saved his life
- Gemma Collins ‘takes a break’ from Instagram after posting James Argent’s cruel texts calling her a ‘hippo’
- James Argent cruelly branded Gemma Collins ‘a hippo’ and ‘fat f***’ before split
- Gemma Collins smiles as she shows off her three stone weight loss after James Argent admitted she saved his life
- James Argent hit 'rock bottom' after police broke down door amid 'dark' addiction battle
- James Argent spiralled to 23.5 stone at height of drug addiction - but has lost now five
- 'Heartbroken' Gemma Collins meets a pal for breakfast before posting the break-up text she sent James Argent after he branded her a fat f**k' and a 'hippo' in an explosive row over another woman
- Heartbroken Gemma Collins dumps James ‘Arg’ Argent after he tells her ‘I want an open relationship’
- Teenager, 18, arrested after MMA fighter was stabbed to death while toasting his 30th birthday at south London BBQ - as post-lockdown violence explodes in capital with 10 murders in two weeks
- Gemma Collins breaks social media silence to promote her fashion line after split with Arg
- Demi Lovato says Disney ‘terrifyingly normalized’ eating disorders, couldn’t return to the network
- 'It's never too late': Task force working to solve Louisiana's opioid crisis
- How I became a Hollywood hell raiser: Depp tells court he'd tried 'every kind of drug known to man' by age 14', describes trashing hotel rooms in front of Kate Moss, doing drugs with Marilyn Manson... and the night River Phoenix died
- Remains of Lori Vallow's son JJ, 7, and his sister Tylee, 17, are found at her husband Chad Daybell's home as his bail is set at $1million for 'concealing and destroying the bodies'
- Amber Heard arrives at court with her squad hours after hitting the town with her sister until the small hours of the morning - as Johnny Depp prepares to take the stand for a third day of trial
- Atlanta cop who shot Rayshard Brooks had been reported TWELVE TIMES for misconduct - including once for excessive use of force with a gun
James Argent reflects on near fatal overdose as he celebrates birthday and sobriety have 787 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 6, 2020. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.