Almost 140,000 Britons have been vaccinated against coronavirus in the first seven days of the roll out, officials claimed today amid mounting pressure on Number 10 to publish the numbers. Vaccine minister Nadhim Zahawi said 137,897 people have had Pfizer/BioNTech’s jab so far, including 108,000 in England, 18,000 in Scotland, 7,897 in Wales and 4,000 in Northern Ireland. Mr Zahawi — who was only able to provide precise figures for Wales — said this was a ‘really good start’ and promised more people would get the jab when more centres opened. Department of Health bosses later repeated Mr Zahawi’s claim and failed to provide exact counts for anywhere except Wales. Officials insisted the tally was ‘provisional and subject to change’. Matt Hancock said: ‘This is just the start.’ The UK’s largest ever vaccination programme began on December 8, with the Health Secretary promising ‘millions’ would get the jab before the end of the year in hope of finally ending the pandemic. But at the current speed it will take another six weeks for one million people to get vaccinated. The first week of Britain’s vaccine roll-out saw fifty hospitals geared up to administer doses. GP practices and a handful of… Read full this story
- How Lincoln returned from near death and restored Ford’s luxury brand
- A 100-year solar storm could fry our power grids — these are the places most at risk
- The sun poses a crippling yet little-known threat to Minnesota — here’s what is at stake
- Pederico’s story
- EC Gazettes Official GE13 Results, 21-Day Period Starts May 23
- How Lincoln returned from the brink of death and put Ford back on the luxury map
- The Kajang By-Election Story
- Bad Brakes, Bad Road, Bad Driving Behind The Deadly Genting Bus Crash, Says Govt.
- With Anwar's Departure, A Second Major By-Election Looms Ahead For Permatang Pauh
- China sees its competition with Japan grow
Minister reveals nearly 140,000 Brits have already been vaccinated against Covid in mammoth operation after it emerged GPs 'are keeping records of jabs using pen and paper because of IT problems' have 301 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 16, 2020. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.