Sticking to a healthy diet and maintaining necessary protocols have been two rules of 2020 and this festive season, Shilpa Shetty Kundra showed how to juggle both while keeping the Christmas and New Year holiday spirit alive with her secret recipes. Those craving some baked kalkals and fruit cake are in for a treat as the Bollywood actor shared her “favourite Christmas recipes” that fitness and food enthusiasts both can try this year.
Taking to her social media handle, Shilpa shared a video straight from her kitchen that promised mouthwatering recipes while sticking to the “Swasth Raho Mast Raho” mantra. Dressed in the bright red and white Christmas colours with festive decorations in the kitchen’s backdrop, Shilpa shared in the caption, “Tough times cannot break our festive spirit, so even if I can’t bring you a new recipe this time around… here are two of my favourite Christmas recipes that you can try this year: Baked Kalkals and Healthy Fruit Cake (sic).”
She added, “Let’s eat healthy & stay safe, while we maintain necessary protocols, this festive season. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas! (sic).”
Baked Kalkals –
1 cup wheat flour
5 tbsp coconut sugar
Take 1 cup of wheat flour in a bowl and add 5 tbsp coconut sugar to it. Mix well until it turns into dough.
Take the small bits of dough, place it on a fork, spread it and cut it from one end to the other. Bake them in the oven and serve them as hot snacks.
Eating baked kalkals provides energy and also helps in maintaining healthy colon along with bone health.
Fruit cake –
¾ cup of sooji (semolina)
1 tsp ginger powder
1 cup mix dry fruits
Mixed fruit juice
Take ¾ cup of sooji or semolina in a bowl and add 1 tsp of ginger powder and mix it well. Then take 1 cup of mix dry fruits, soak them in mixed fruit juice and add the dry sooji-ginger powder mixture to it as well and mix all the contents together.
Take a spatula and empty the contents into a square baking bowl and place it in an oven for heating. Cut the cake pieces and drizzle freshly-made jam sauce over them.
Which recipe are you going to try first?
- Celebrate 10 years of The Great British Bake Off with these fabulous recipes from judge Prue Leith and tempting teatime treats from this year's bakers
- Birthday Cake Recipes
- Ren Behan’s Polish recipes for an autumn feast
- Test Your Nutrition and Healthy Eating IQ
- 8 Great Ways to Eat Healthy Without Losing the Taste
- The Wright side of life: Cake baking and cake tasting
- Eating Healthy Without Draining Your Wallet
- Exclusive Diet Information Towards Healthy Weight Loss
- Efficient Weight Control While Eating Delicious Desserts
- 5 Cost-Cutting Tips for a Magnificent Christmas
- Five Low Cost Ways To Cook Up A Home Based Business
- How To Stay On Your Diet And Stay In Shape Over The Holidays Without Becoming A
- Weight Loss: It's Not Always What You Eat, But What You Don't Eat
- 10 Great Tips On Cooking Meals
- Varieties Found at Continental Restaurant in Kolkata
- Weight Loss - Mediterranean Style
- Backslide: The Seven Deadly Sins of Dieting
- The Basics of Hosting a Sesame Street Party
- Who Pays For the Baby Shower? - A Tale of Three Moms-to-Be
- 3 Figure-Saving Tips This Halloween Season!
Recipe: Shilpa Shetty Kundra shows how to prepare mouthwatering baked kalkals and healthy fruit cake have 560 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 26, 2020. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.