Three men: Aderemi Adegoke, Adekunle Adegoke and Rasaq Okemakinde, who allegedly beat-up a policeman to avert arrest, on Tuesday appeared before an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court.
Adegoke, 59; Adegoke 22 and Okemakinde, 30, are facing a six-count-charge bordering on conspiracy, breach of peace, wilful damage and assault.
They, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Prosecutor, ASP Akeem Raji, told the court that the defendants committed the offences on Oct. 16 at 4.00 p.m. at No. 21 Bajomo St., Ahamadiya, Ikeja.
Raji said that the defendants assulted ASP Olumide Oshipoye while he was discharging his lawful duties.
He also said that they damaged a Tecno phone worth N42, 000, and carried an Elepac generator, belonging to Mr David Odimba over an undisclosed argument they had.
“Odimba reported the defendants to the police, but they resisted arrest and assaulted a police officer.
“The defendants prevented the ASP and three other police officers from discharging their duties,” the prosecutor said.
Raji said that the offences contravened Sections 117, 168, 172,173, 350 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Section 411 stipulates three years imprisonment for conspiracy.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs O. I. Adelaja, granted the defendants bail in the sum of N100, 000 each with two sureties in like sum.
Adelaja ordered that the sureties must be gainfully employed and show evidence of two years’ tax payment to the Lagos State Government.
She adjourned the case until Dec. 16 for mention.
- The Justice System Works for Police the Way It's Supposed to Work for Everyone
- Police charge 15 men over 'large consensual fight' with clubs and swords in suburban Brisbane street
- R. Kelly prosecutors rest case; defense calls singer's allies to stand in sex-trafficking trial
- Houston police union demands judge resign after officer killed by ‘habitual’ offender: ‘Blood on your hands'
- R. Kelly trial: A look at the key moments as jury deliberates
- Alex Murdaugh surrenders in alleged suicide-for-hire plot as police launch new probe into housekeeper's death
- A Killing In Tiger Bay: How bent cops fitted me up for brutal murder of call girl lover – while white killer walked free
- Lead FBI Agent in Whitmer Kidnap Plot Is Fired After Swingers Party Incident
- Philadelphia's district attorney is on a radical path to remake the criminal justice system
- Portland, Oregon, Is Ground Zero for Violent Culture-War Clashes. And It’s Spreading
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle poised to give Princess Eugenie first honour with Lilibet
- Prince Andrew hires lawyer who represents rape-accused Hollywood star Armie Hammer
- ‘Kill, kill, kill’: Duterte’s words offer evidence in ICC
- R Kelly prosecutors rest; defense calls on singer's allies
- In Duterte war on Reds, Marcos’ martial law survivors fall victims again
- Derek Chauvin: The man accused of killing George Floyd
- How one Instagram post about rape culture grew into a movement that threatens the UK's elite private schools
- Inside Donald Trump's crumbling empire - missing Melania and £220million debts
- 100 best movies of 2020, according to critics
- How dangerous is YOUR area? England and Wales’ crime capitals revealed as Cleveland tops the list
Three men face trial over alleged assault on police officer have 509 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at December 8, 2020. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.