Pediatrician Dr. Tanya Altmann is a spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics, an assistant clinical professor of pediatrics at UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital and adjunct clinical assistant professor of pediatrics at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. The views expressed here are her own.
(CNN) As school districts across the country ricochet between fully in-person, hybrid and fully online education, depending on the Covid-19 infection rates, we’ve learned something important about education: We can protect our society from coronavirus and prioritize schools to yield more effective overall public health.
Support for teachers
Open schools for kids’ well-being
Stopping community spread
Sign up here to get The Results Are In with Dr. Sanjay Gupta every Tuesday from the CNN Health team.
- Coronavirus update: PM says children should go to school, young Australians warned of endangering older people's lives
- Coronavirus latest: Some US states to reopen soon
- Coronavirus: Some US states to reopen soon
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: March 14-15
- When will the coronavirus quarantine end, where can you go in lockdown and stay at home order
- The exit strategy: how countries around the world are preparing for life after Covid-19
- Coronavirus latest: EU leaders hold video summit over economic woes
- Coronavirus latest: EU leaders want large recovery fund, stall on details
To open schools safely, mask up and close bars and malls have 1543 words, post on edition.cnn.com at December 1, 2020. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.