The New York Times reported the first of its kind case in relation to the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine while cases of allergic reaction to the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine are being investigated wherein people experienced anaphylaxis after receiving the shot.
The fresh case was reported by Dr. Hossein Sadrzadeh, a geriatric oncologist at Boston Medical Center who revealed that he experienced a severe reaction almost immediately after being administered the Moderna vaccine. He had a severe shellfish allergy and was feeling dizzy with his heart racing.
Dr. Sadrzadeh revealed that within minutes of being given the vaccine injection at 3:30 pm, his heart rate spiked to 150 beats per minute which is twice than normal; his tongue prickled and went numb. He was drenched in a cold sweat and was feeling dizzy while his blood pressure also dropped.
He realized that his immune system had been affected and the reactions he was facing were the same as he experiences with shellfish.
After receiving medical care, he was fully recovered by Friday morning but nevertheless he was shocked by his experience. “I don't want anybody to go through that,” NYT quoted him as saying.
David Kibbe, a spokesperson for Boston Medical Center, confirmed the update in a statement which revealed that the doctor “felt he was developing an allergic reaction and was allowed to self-administer his personal EpiPen. He was taken to the Emergency Department, evaluated, treated, observed, and discharged. He is doing well today”.
Dr. Sadrzadeh has reported his reaction to both Moderna and a national vaccine safety surveillance system run by the F.D.A. and the C.D.C.
Previously, US FDA regulators reported that four volunteers who were administered Pfizer vaccine shots during the trial stage developed Bell's Palsy.
A day after the Pfizer vaccine was rolled out in the UK, the National Health Service’s statement had cautioned that people with a ‘significant’ history of allergies should not take Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine after two receivers reported reactions from the shots.
People have been advised to be mindful ahead of taking the vaccine shot especially to check if they have a history of anaphylaxis to ingredients in either Pfizer or Moderna injection – the only two to receive authorisation so far in the US.
WATCH | New COVID-19 strain spreads to 8 countries, WHO confirms
Check out below Health Tools- Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )
- US Biotech Company Moderna Reports ‘Positive’ Results on Potential COVID-19 Vaccine
- US drugmaker reports promising early results from COVID-19 vaccine test
- Op-Ed: While the U.S. rushes to develop a COVID-19 vaccine, here’s what science tells us
- AP-NORC Poll: Half of Americans Would Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
- US Secures 300 Million Doses of Potential AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine
- Early COVID-19 Vaccine Data Positive, but 'Unimpressive'
- US-based firm leads COVID-19 vaccine race, clinical trials show promising early results: Experts
- ‘Very First Important Step’: Moderna Says First Volunteers Who Tested Potential COVID-19 Vaccine Developed Antibodies
- Moderna says Covid-19 vaccine shows promise in early trials, excites markets
- Moderna's coronavirus COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in human safety trial, shares soar
- The Race to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine, Explained
- Covid-19 vaccine developed in China shows promising results in early human trials: Report
- Coronavirus COVID-19 vaccine developed in China shows promising results in early trials: Report
- AstraZeneca secures orders for COVID-19 vaccine
- Vietnam prepares second phase testing of Covid-19 vaccine
- First coronavirus COVID-19 vaccine human trial finds it is safe, induces immune response
- China shares end higher on Covid-19 vaccine, economic recovery hopes
- European shares inch lower on doubts over Covid-19 vaccine
- US Top Health Expert Fauci Explains Risks Behind Development of COVID-19 Vaccine
- How one Indian company could be world’s door to a Covid-19 vaccine
US Doctor Reports Severe Allergic Reaction To Moderna's Covid-19 Vaccine; Here's What He Revealed have 678 words, post on news.abplive.com at December 26, 2020. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.