She’s a talented singer and actress who was nominated for an Academy Award at the young age of 15.
And Hailee Steinfeld opened up about her exciting new role in the Marvel and Disney+ series Hawkeye, which is set to premier this year opposite Jeremy Renner.
The True Grit actress, 24, spoke to People on Friday about her new superhero role, sharing her unbridled excitement.
Happy heroine: Hailee Steinfeld opened up about her exciting new role in the Marvel and Disney+ series Hawkeye, which is set to premier this year opposite Jeremy Renner
‘I am so honored to be a part of this family that is the MCU,’ she said.
It is only the second time the starlet is commenting on her casting within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, even though she’s been seen filming the Hawkeye series for weeks around New York City.
She touched upon the fact that she had to keep this new development a secret for a while, as well.
‘I am so honored to be a part of this family that is the MCU,’ she said; seen here in February 2020 at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party
‘I guess in a way, it was kind of a blessing in disguise that I didn’t and couldn’t be around a lot of people, ’cause that was a hard one to keep to myself,’ Hailee told the outlet, referring to social distancing guidelines in place due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Hawkeye centers on the original bow and arrow-bearing Avenger played by Renner, who eventually hands off the mantle to Steinfeld’s Kate Bishop.
‘She is an incredible character and it’s been a really fun journey so far,’ she shared.
Avenger in training: Hawkeye centers on the original bow and arrow-bearing Avenger played by Renner (R), who eventually hands off the mantle to Steinfeld’s Kate Bishop; seen filming together one month ago in New York
Eagle-eyed MCU fans are hopeful that Hailee‘s casting is just another step toward an eventual all-female Avengers film, what with Natalie Portman taking on the role of Thor in the upcoming fourth Thor film Love And Thunder, and Brie Larson in the role of Captain Marvel with a sequel in the works as well.
Steinfeld is a refreshing talent that has breathed new life into other film franchises, including the underrated Transformers spinoff Bumblebee in 2018, as well as Pitch Perfect 2 and 3.
Season two of her Apple TV+ period series Dickinson premiered on Friday, with an early renewal for yet another season already signed and sealed back in October.
Talented, and she can sing too: Steinfeld is a refreshing talent that has breathed new life into other film franchises, including the Transformers spinoff Bumblebee in 2018; seen in 2020
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' primer: What nongeeks need to know before seeing Marvel’s newest superhero epic
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse -- who are all these Spider-people?
- Bumblebee is the Transformers movie we've been waiting for
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is dazzling, hilarious, and unique
- Bumblebee proves Transformers movies can actually be resonant and emotional
- BumbleBee trailer’s G1 look has this jaded Transformers fan jazzed
- Our big guide to fall movies
- Golden Globes 2011: 'The Social Network' is best film, Natalie Portman and Colin Firth win big
- 'Transformers' goes for its biggest change: 'The Last Knight' story
- season 2 feels like an entirely different show—which is mostly a good thing
- 5 post-Crazy Rich Asians TV shows about Asian-Americans
- Sarita Choudhury goes from ingenue to Mother India
- Martin Freeman brought aboard for ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- Games of the year 2018: TechRadar’s favorite Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC titles
- News' Geeks Make Their Picks for 2008
- Phoenix concert news: Weezer, Pixies, Styx, Maroon 5, Demi Lovato, Kid Rock
- Monday's Best Deals: A Reader Fave Gaming Headset, DJI's Game-Changing Drone, Star Wars Toys, and More
- All the science fiction and fantasy books we’re looking forward to in 2019
- Happy birthday PlayStation 4: the best games from each of its 6 years
- What Were The Biggest Bombs At The 2018 B.O.? Deadline’s Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
Hailee Steinfeld opens up about her excitement in being a part of the upcoming Marvel series Hawkeye: 'I am so honored to be a part of this' have 709 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 10, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.