PDVSA in December began offloading crude from the Nabarima floating storage and offloading facility (FSO), after images of the facility listing earlier last year raised alarms among workers, activists and governments of neighboring countries about a possible environmental disaster.
The facility, part of the Petrosucre joint venture between PDVSA and Italy’s Eni SpA in the Gulf of Paria off eastern Venezuela, had been holding some 1.3 million barrels of Corocoro crude. Petrosucre, 74% owned by PDVSA and 26% by Eni, has been inoperative for nearly two years due to U.S. sanctions on PDVSA.Satellite images show that around 570,000 barrels had been transferred from the Nabarima onto the Icaro, a PDVSA-owned vessel anchored nearby, according to Samir Madani, founder of TankerTrackers.com, a service that monitors satellite data for the oil industry. The Inmaculada barge had been ferrying the Nabarima’s crude to the Icaro.
Another person with direct knowledge of the matter said the Icaro finished loading 567,000 barrels of crude on Jan. 17. Vessel tracking data on Refinitiv Eikon show the vessel is now full.
PDVSA did not immediately respond to a request for comment. It was not immediately clear where the Icaro would bring the crude.
- Special Report: How China got shipments of Venezuelan oil despite U.S. sanctions
- EXCLUSIVE-Venezuela's PDVSA weighs plan to pay for refinery work with fuel, byproducts -sources
- Exclusive: Venezuela's PDVSA weighs plan to pay for refinery work with fuel, byproducts - sources
- Our environmental paradox: The conservation fund dependent upon oil and gas money
- U.S. court to auction gasoline allegedly destined for Venezuela
- Alaskan officials approve BP's sale of oil leases to Hilcorp
- PipeChina to take on $56 bln of pipelines to boost network access
- Energy firms say Storm Hanna does not impact Gulf of Mexico output
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 1
- Five deaths, 357 cases as nursing home outbreaks worsen
- New Mexico rolls out draft rules to cut methane emissions
- Secunderabad: Change in lease policy to help PNG project
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 26
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 31
- DEMOCRACY DAY: Buhari awards FG pass mark
- Generating power for green recovery and sustainable future
- Ukraine skeptical of American LNG gas pipe dreams
- NNPC, FIRST E&P’s Abigail-Joseph FPSO arrives Nigeria
- Virus-linked hunger tied to 10,000 child deaths each month
- Coronavirus: Virus-linked hunger tied to 10,000 child deaths each month
Venezuela completes first tranche of oil transfer from offshore facility -sources have 404 words, post on energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.