MILAN – As far as collapses go, AC Milan's isn't all that spectacular. It hasn't even had much of an impact on the Serie A standings. At the beginning of the year, Milan was in first place in the league and hadn't lost in 10 months. But the team could find itself six points behind league leader Inter Milan ahead of Sunday's tricky match at Hellas Verona. Milan was in astounding form in 2020, losing only two games in the entire calendar year, but the team has lost four of its 11 league matches in 2021. The first of those was against Juventus on Jan. 6, ending the Rossoneri's 27-match unbeaten run. Milan has since lost its sense of invincibility and Wednesday's 1-1 draw against Udinese capped a miserable month which has seen the team lose two of its last four league matches with only one victory. When Milan's form first started to dip, coach Stefano Pioli said he was not too concerned. That has changed. "We could have and should have done more," Pioli said after the match against Udinese. "I think the team's spirit and desire to never give up, to dig deep even when things are tough,… Read full this story
- The 12 best places to visit in Italy
- Restoring confidence after elections will be a difficult task
- Rafael Bengoa: Health system struggling but it’s still possible to blaze a trail others can follow
- SA’s business confidence declines to 39 points in Q2, here’s what you need to know
- All eyes on business confidence index
- Apple is rebuilding Apple Maps with satellite data and LIDAR vans
- Oxfam warns staff it urgently needs to make savings of £16m
- Why women struggle to thrive in the media industry
- No-confidence motion against Spanish prime minister gathers momentum
- Is it politically relevant today to ask whether Nehru visited Bhagat Singh in Jail?
Struggling Milan visits Verona needing to rebuild confidence have 318 words, post on www.thestar.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.