Secretary of State Antony Blinken Antony Blinken Why Biden can’t turn back the clock on the Iran nuclear deal Trump suggests Biden took ‘similar’ approach in Khashoggi killing US condemns arrests of pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong MORE is condemning the arrests of dozens of pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong and calling for their immediate release. “We condemn the detention of and charges filed against pan-democratic candidates in Hong Kong’s elections and call for their immediate release. Political participation and freedom of expression should not be crimes. The U.S. stands with the people of Hong Kong,” Blinken said on Twitter Sunday evening. We condemn the detention of and charges filed against pan-democratic candidates in Hong Kong’s elections and call for their immediate release. Political participation and freedom of expression should not be crimes. The U.S. stands with the people of Hong Kong. — Secretary Antony Blinken (@SecBlinken) March 1, 2021 ADVERTISEMENT Chinese authorities earlier Sunday charged 47 pro-democracy activists with conspiracy to commit subversion for their alleged involvement in an unofficial primary election last summer. In an interview with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation later in the day, Blinken was asked what the U.S. could do to punish China for its reported human rights violations. "Well, I think… Read full this story
- U.S. concerned about some Hong Kong protest tactics, heavier China hand: Pentagon
- Hong Kong protesters slam LeBron James' criticism of Daryl Morey tweet: 'People are angry'
- Fans, Pols Erupt After LeBron James Caves to China
- Adam Silver Issues Statement Meant To Appease Everybody; China Doesn't Buy It
- The NBA Is Happy To Play China's Game
- Maybe It's Not That Complicated
- China's Xi Jinping warns attempts to divide country will end in 'crushed bodies and shattered bones'
- Arthur Herman: Thanks, Houston Rockets, you've done us all a favor (and so has the NBA)
- NBA shows 'no spine' regarding China's alleged human rights abuses: Fox Sports Radio's Clay Travis
- Women: Presidents And Prime Ministers In The 20th Century
US condemns arrests of pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong have 323 words, post on thehill.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.