MEA Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said President Biden has invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi to attend the Leaders’ Summit on Climate, which will be held virtually, and the Major Economies Forum on Energy and Climate to be held on April 22 and 23.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has accepted an invitation from US President Joe Biden to attend the Leaders’ Summit on Climate, which will be held online, the Ministry of External Affairs has confirmed. The meeting will be held on April 22 and 23.
Responding to questions on Kerry’s India visit next week, Bagchi said the special presidential envoy on climate will be visiting Delhi from April 5-8 and the purpose of his visit would be to discuss this forthcoming leaders’ summit on climate.
He said climate issues in general in the context of the UN climate change summit COP26, which is to be held later this year, will also be on Kerry’s agenda.
“We expect that during his visit, Mr Kerry will be interacting with several ministers, including the external affairs minister as well as ministers of finance, petroleum and natural gas, environment, power and new and renewable energy,” Bagchi said.
President Biden has invited 40 world leaders, including Prime Minister Modi, to a US-hosted virtual summit on climate to underscore the urgency and the economic benefits of stronger climate action, the White House said.
Biden will host the two-day climate summit of world leaders starting on Earth Day, April 22, in which he will outline the US’ goal for reductions of carbon emissions by 2030 — known as the nationally determined contribution under the historic Paris accord.
The summit will reconvene the US-led Major Economies Forum on Energy and Climate, which brings together 17 countries responsible for approximately 80 per cent of global emissions and global GDP.
- Trump joked he could play 'matchmaker' for PM Modi_ claims foreign media
- World leaders and investors ramp up efforts to fight global warming at climate summit
- Text of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi Address at Parliament of Uganda on 25 July, 2018 during his State Visit to Uganda
- A Rocky Year May Lie Ahead for India-US Ties
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Pelosi announces $191M DCCC haul
- Trump 'open' to Moscow visit after Putin extends invite
- Trump likely to visit China during November Asia trip: U.S. official
- The Latest: Jerry Brown to Trump: "Get out of the way"
- China accuses Indian border guards of crossing into its territory
- How Scott Pruitt turned the EPA into one of Trump’s most powerful tools
- Under Scott Pruitt, a year of tumult and transformation at EPA
- Prince William, Kate Middleton pose at Taj Mahal in stunning echo of Princess Diana’s 1992 photo
- Senior U.N. Official Being Investigated for Sexually Harassing Male Subordinates: Exclusive
- Eight Men Have Accused a Senior U.N. Adviser of Sexual Misconduct, Sources Say: Exclusive
- China’s Xi warns of ‘unilateralism’ in USA trade dispute
- A Wealthy Opportunist Is Playing Michigan Progressives For Fools
- Calendar List: August 2 – August 9
- He’s a Superstar Pastor. She Worked for Him and Says He Groped Her Repeatedly.
- “For the Best”
- Rand Paul Continues His One-Man Détente With Russia, This Time in Moscow
Kerry on India visit from April 5-8; PM Modi accepts invite to attend climate summit have 563 words, post on energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com at April 4, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.