Paris' left-wing Mayor Anne Hidalgo has blamed the "far-right" for a trending hashtag among French-language social media users denouncing garbage and dirt in the streets of the French capital. The Parisien mayor made her comments on a radio broadcast earlier this week claiming that the campaign was "very orchestrated" and noted that all of the accounts with larger followings mentioning the hashtag had "a lot of closeness to the far right." "It's a pretty simple method of Trumpizing political life everywhere, including in France," Mayor Hidalgo said, invoking former President of the United States Donald J. Trump, Le Point reports . The "#saccageparis" hashtag, which translated to "trashed Paris", has seen a surge of posts since the Easter holiday and was denounced by the Paris city government last week and labelled a "smear campaign." Paris Decries Social Media 'Smear Campaign' Highlighting Dirty Streets https://t.co/FM1Y1M6nUx — Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) April 8, 2021 The posts under the hashtag show areas of the city filled with garbage and other debris but the Paris city government later claimed the pictures were taken before cleaning crews. However, the city did admit that the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic has reduced the cleaning workforce by around ten per cent…. Read full this story
- Witnesses flock to social media as flames consume Notre Dame cathedral
- If there’s a reason to blame the right for anything racial, the left will find it
- Le’Veon Bell to Baltimore Ravens picks up social media steam, but could it really happen?
- Paris Hilton wanted veteran to have 'special' 100th birthday
- Teen jumps to her death after posting chilling Snapchat video
- Notre Dame Fire Live Updates: Photos, Videos Show Paris Cathedral Ablaze, Spire Collapses
- Gab, Far Right Social Media Site Used by Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooter, Struggling to Survive, Founder Blames 'Deep State'
- MEDIA: A new nonprofit news outlet seeks to cover energy in Colorado
- Attorneys say more lawsuits coming as Covington student accuses Post of defamation
- Notre Dame on fire: French Interior Ministry says Firefighters might not be able to save Paris cathedral
Paris Mayor Blames ‘Far Right’ For Dirty Paris Social Media Posts have 353 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.