The space covers Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street and the area surrounding Cau (Bridge) Pagoda.
A number of experimental activities will take place in this space. There are several displays of historical documents and archeological items on trade and the engagement of the Japanese Street in Hoi An in the 17th century, organization of Japanese tea ceremonies, calligraphy writing and performances of traditional musical instruments, games played by Vietnamese and Japanese children and a ceremony to release colorful lanterns.
Enjoying the space which is decorated in traditional minimalist Japanese style, visitors will explore the living styles and traditional costumes of Hoi An in the early 19th century, try on Japanese garment named Yukata, ao dai (traditional Vietnamese long-dress) and loose-fitting blouses worn by Southern Vietnamese women. They will be guided how to make special food of Hoi An and Japan as well as have an opportunity to take part in a tour titled "Old hallmarks of Japan".
Highlight of the space is a ceremony to receive a red seal ship model as a gift from the Japanese prefecture of Nagasaki.
The model rebuilds the ship once carrying Princess Ngoc Hoa to her husband's home in Nagasaki. Ngoc Hoa was a princess of the Nguyen Dynasty, who married Araki Sotaro, a Japanese businessman in Hoi An nearly 400 years ago. Their marriage became a symbol of friendship between the two localities and nations.
The opening of such a space is part of events in celebration of the APEC Vietnam 2017 as well as the 45th anniversary of the Vietnam-Japan diplomatic ties (September 21, 1973-2018).
Translated by Mai Huong
- Comedian Jo Koy Connects To His Filipino Culture And Celebrates It Proudly With ‘In His Elements’
- Post COVID-19: Vibrant nightlife returns to UNESCO-recognised Hoi An
- Nightlife activities resumed in Hoi An
- Vietnam, Thailand tighten cooperation as strong ASEAN partners
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 11
- APEC Vietnam 2017 - Fostering a shared future in a changing world
- Vietnam on focus of African friends and partners
- Vietnam’s first ambassador to US believes in bright future for bilateral ties
- Hoi An reopens nightlife entertainment activities
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 18
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 8
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 14
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 17
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 19
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 20
- Vietnam has third global geopark recognised by UNESCO
- BBC Proms to travel to Hull to mark year as City of Culture
- Vietnam, the US confident of brighter partnership future
- How Australia’s favourite celebrities will be holidaying this year
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 17
Hoi An to open Vietnam-Japan cultural space to celebrate APEC Year 2017 have 420 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 8, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.