Jakarta ● Thu, July 22, 2021
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) is planning to summon Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan for questioning over a land procurement graft case that has caused the city around Rp 152 billion in financial losses.
The governor is the latest person to come under the spotlight of the graft-busting agency, following the arrest of the president director of city-owned developer PD Sarana Jaya, Yoory Corneles Pinontoan, for allegedly marking up the cost of purchasing a 4.2-hectare plot of land in East Jakarta's Munjul, Pondok Rangon, in 2019.
KPK head Firli Bahuri has said he will launch further investigations to reveal the possible involvement of other parties from Jakarta’s legislative and executive branches.
Firli was of the opinion that the governor and members of the Jakarta Legislative Council (DPRD) had known about the problematic procuremen…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Malaysia's Najib quizzed over scandal, graft fighter reveals threats
- Ghosn, Nissan formally charged in financial misconduct scandal
- Spain's new conservative leader in degree scandal
- Former Malaysian PM questioned over French submarine deal
- Inflection point reached, definition of ‘public’ land imperative
- Neither here nor there: Vietnamese-Cambodians live in no man’s land - VnExpress International
- Indonesia's latest tsunami raises global questions over disaster preparedness
- Australian journalists detained in Malaysia for trying to question PM
- Ex-president Kirchner charged in Argentina corruption scandal
- Ex president Kirchner charged in Argentina corruption scandal
- Scandal-rocked S. Korean president replaces PM
- Samsung heir becomes suspect in corruption scandal: prosecutors
- EU senses Facebook scandal shifts privacy tide in its favour
- Germany's Merkel convenes allies to restore confidence after scandal
- Bản in : Ministers questioned on key issues during unprecedented Q&A session
- VP Pence walks high wire over Trump scandals
- Senior official sacked as China's vaccine scandal mounts
- Au pair scandal hits Australia politician who ousted PM
- Malaysian police to question ex-PM Mahathir over rally comments
- Shipbuilders flout contracts in fishing boat scandal in central Vietnam: inspectors
KPK to question Anies on land procurement scandal have 352 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.