This Morning: Dr Mark shares medical tips for your summer holiday
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Old Smock Mill , located in Benenden, Kent, previously operated during World War Two as a gunner’s outlook before falling into disrepair. The AirBnb accommodation , owned by superhost Clare, completely renovated the mill to its original cottage-esque charm where guests can book a minimum two-night stay.
With a rating of 4.99 stars out of five, guests have left glowing reviews, who were able to explore five local National Trust properties.
AirBnb owner Clare said: "Everything is designed to unwind you from the moment you walk in.
“It is surrounded by the lovely Kent countryside where you can ramble and refresh yourselves by perhaps ending the day in one of the great pubs cosy by a log fire in winter or in summer in an English garden.
“Guests have said how hard it is to tear themselves away, it truly is a treasure to find."
Old Smock Mill was previously used as a gunner’s outlook during World War Two (Image: AIRBNB)
The remote getaway offers incredible views across the countryside, which can be viewed from a balcony spanning the diameter of the mill.
Make your way into this former worksite through a private oak staircase and enjoy breakfast with breathtaking views and fresh eggs from the owner's chickens!
Each of the three floors of Old Smock Mill offers a unique old time aesthetic, with the first floor offering a cosy living area with a welcome basket of fresh, seasonal produce and freshly-cut flowers.
A fully equipped kitchen-diner and seating area will make guests feel right at home, complete with a comfortable leather sofa and armchairs.
Upstairs, the stone floor sees timber beams tower above the French king sized bed and an old copper sink basin and taps.
Up the spiral staircase, you'll find a freestanding tub inside the bathroom complete with a wet room shower.
Inside the mill lies a bedroom with a French king-sized bed (Image: AIRBNB)
Wondering where to eat, drink or visit for your next UK holiday? At 2Chill we help you decide where to go and stay next with hundreds of recommendations right on your doorstep.
Visit our brilliant new website 2chill .co.uk and start packing.
If you’d also like weekly inspiration and advice for your next trip, you can sign up to the Chill newsletter here .
The dust floor was originally a buffer between the machinery above, and the milled flour below, where
Visitors can discover the original winding mechanisms from the working mill, all costing £195 per night, with a service fee added on top.
One reviewer said: "Clare is the most wonderful and thoughtful host and the windmill is a truly magical place. We spent three nights there for our mini-moon and I honestly couldn't have asked for a more special place to be."
And another added: "Clare's Airbnb is a must once in a lifetime stay. I picked this little windmill as a base for our two night stay, as a surprise for my wife's 30th.
Enjoy relaxing in a cosy living area with stunning views of the Kent countryside (Image: AIRBNB)
"The pictures do not do it justice, it's simply breathtaking from the moment you step in the door. The little additional touches are all there and Clare is an absolutely amazing host."
To book your stay at the Old Smock Mill, click here .
DON’T MISS: Book to stay on a Cuban-themed narrowboat [REPORT] Antiques Roadshow expert stunned over 'perfect' pistols [VIDEO] Vitamin B12 deficiency: Strange skin disorder may be a sign [REVEAL]
- Ghostbusters: Cubs have everything it takes to finally win World Series
- Inside Italy's Manager School, Where Conte, Ancelotti and Allegri Learned to Win
- From pop stars to the White House, the Cubs often embodied 20th century America
- Around the world, flags and anthems can divide nations
- The heartbreak that engulfed the World Cup Qualifiers should have been the cricketing story of the year, not Sandpaper gate
- Timeless: World Series between the Cubs and the Indians is one for the ages
- MLB Must Consider Shortened Season as It Loses Attendance, Weather War
- Australia's Secret History as a White Utopia
- What the Arlee Warriors Were Playing For
- San Francisco Giants All Time 25 Man Roster
- Tomahawk Chops and Indian Mascots, Vanishing From U.S. Stadiums, Live On in Europe
- Philadelphia Phillies All-Time 25-Man Roster
- A look back at the life of the late Chuck Bednarik
- The Top 25 Head Coaches in College Football History
- JAWS and the 2017 Hall of Fame ballot: Mike Mussina
- Atlanta Braves All-Time Greats Roster
- JAWS and the 2017 Hall of Fame ballot: Curt Schilling
- JAWS and the 2017 Hall of Fame ballot: Ivan Rodriguez
- JAWS and the 2017 Hall of Fame ballot: Manny Ramirez
- The Man Who Made Gregg Popovich… And Me
Sleep inside a 19th Century mill used as World War 2 gunner's outlook in Kent have 924 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.