Game of Thrones: Nikolaj Coster Waldau says the story is 'done'
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Arya Stark (played by Maisie Williams) was the fearless child of Ned Stark (Sean Bean) and the tomboyish character had quite the arc during her eight-season run on the HBO show. Transitioning from a brave child to a ruthless killer was beautifully portrayed by Williams and fans loved her in the role. However, the actor has now hinted that Arya could once again return to screens.
Williams sat down for a chat on the Table Manners with Jessie Ware podcast to discuss her time on the HBO smash hit series.
The actress revealed that when she took on the role of Arya, being on set quickly became her world.
Explaining that she couldn't believe that her life in the spotlight started so young, she said: "It was just so exciting."
However, Williams is sure to get fans excited after she hinted that she was desperate to reprise the role of Arya again in the future.
Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams could return to play Arya Stark. (Image: HBO)
Bran, Sansa, and Arya Stark in season eight. (Image: HBO)
She remarked: "Well I could do it because I didn't die. I'm waiting on the call!"
After many major characters died in the final season, audiences were happy to see that Arya made it out alive, especially after she killed the Night King (Vladimir Furdik) in episode three, The Long Night.
Arya was last seen sailing away to parts unknown to discover "what is west of Westeros".
While season eight didn't live up to some fans' expectations, many were happy to see that Arya chose a happier path after guardian Sandor Clegane (Rory McCann) convinced her not to follow the path of vengeance.
Game of Thrones’ House Stark. (Image: EXPRESS)
Williams also discussed her close relationship with co-star Sophie Turner, who portrayed Arya's estranged older sister Sansa.
Revealing that Turner was her favourite person on-set, she added: "She played my sister so we were like sisters.
"We got the role at the same time and we grew up on the show together and it was so amazing.
"To have another person who was going through it at the same time because I think I just would have, it would have been too much otherwise," the star explained.
However, being thrust into the spotlight at such a young age had a major drawback for Williams as well.
She stated that she found the experience "overwhelming" at the beginning.
"But at the time, I kind of just felt like how everyone felt you know, overwhelmed at a lot of things, but I just got very anxious in public settings all the time."
The experience was helped by having her mum on-set with her, adding: "My Mum is such a dream and I'm so grateful that she was with me the whole time."
As Williams had to adjust to her new life on the set of Game of Thrones, she also had to get used to a variety of different directors every season.
"You work with some directors better than others and every director is different," she noted.
"Sometimes they want to be with the actors and sometimes it's all about getting the shots and making the crew work together as one.
However, she revealed that despite different directors' approaches to each episode, the cast would frequently approach creators David Benioff and DB Weiss for any questions about their character.
While it is still uncertain if Arya Stark will appear on-screen again, fans will surely be happy to hear that Williams would love to return so the possibility is still open in the future.
All eight seasons of Game of Thrones are available to watch now on NOW TV.
- Games of Thrones' Maisie Williams joins Doctor Who
- Game of Thrones’ Maisie Williams sends fans wild as she gives first look at role in dark Sky comedy Two Weeks to Live
- Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams just debuted a MAJOR hair change
- Maisie Williams opens up about her most difficult part of Game of Thrones role
- Maisie Williams to be Sophie Turner's bridesmaid
- Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams reveal story behind matching tattoos
- Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner and Ariana Grande starred in Carpool Karaoke - watch the videos
- Game of Thrones: Kit Harington Confirms Return but There's a Twist
- Game of Thrones detail that fans may have missed proves Jon Snow is a true hero
- Game of clones! Lookalikes who have caused a stir thanks to their VERY striking similarities to TV's biggest stars (but who do YOU think is the most convincing?)
- Game of Thrones prequel – Bloodmoon plot, cast and when was it cancelled?
- Game of Thrones cancelled – has the prequel series Bloodmoon been axed?
- Game of Thrones’ writers wrote fake death scenes to torment the show’s cast
- Game of Thrones star reveals regret at season eight - find out why
- 'Game of Thrones': Is Jon Snow Dead? The Cast Answers
- Game of Thrones season 8 episode 4 review The Last of Starks: The worst episode of the final season
- Game of Thrones fans convinced Jon Snow had secret twin who was cut from show
- Emmys 2019 Nominees: Game Of Thrones, Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Chernobyl & Others In The Run!
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6: What We Know So Far
- 'Game of Thrones': Worst-Kept Secret Revealed in 'The Broken Man': Who Returned?
Game of Thrones’ Maisie Williams teases return to Arya role: ‘Waiting on the call!’ have 1104 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.