Washington, DC ● Thu, August 5 2021
Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Tuesday warned the United States against aggressively challenging China, saying Washington's increasingly hardline views could be "very dangerous".
He said the US had moved from an approach of healthy competition with China to the view that America "must win, one way or another".
"There is [US] bipartisan consensus today on one thing, which is relations with China," he told the Aspen Security Forum.
"But their stance is to take a hard line. And I'm not sure that is the right consensus," the Singaporean leader said.
"I don't know whether Americans realize what a formidable adversary they would be taking on if they decide that China is an enemy.
"In this situation, I would say to both, pause, think carefully before yo…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- ‘Bomb cyclone’ storm brings snow and high winds across United States
- Malaysian PM warns Philippines against foreigner influx
- China attacks United States over 'concentration camps' comment
- Libyan PM Warns EU About Almost Million of Potential Migrants, Echoes Gaddafi
- Russian shipments of LNG to Europe & Asia leave United States well behind
- Taxing the rich, an idea gaining ground in the United States
- China, United States bogged down in trade talks
- Singapore PM defends 'fake news' law after storm of criticism
- Sri Lanka terror attack suspects could have explosives, PM warns
- INF Collapse, Rise of China Diminish New START Treaty Extension Chances
- 'Nobody’s Lake': US Admiral Warns of Russia's, China's Activities in Arctic
- Taiwan Now a Facet of US-China Trade Dispute
- WATCH Canada's Trudeau Confuse Japan With China Alongside PM Abe
- Tesla taps China’s market ahead of schedule
- Ex-US DIA Officer Pleads Guilty to Attempted Espionage for China
- Pompeo WARNS: US Will Defend Philippines Against ‘Armed Attack’ in S China Sea
- Five Eyes Out of Focus: Scholar on Why UK Defying US Warning, Embracing Huawei
- Xi, Macron hold talks as France seeks EU unity on China
- Bolton, Italian Deputy PM Discuss Bilateral Cooperation on Venezuela
- US Fiscal Stimulus Could Run Out of Steam Amid US-China Trade Dispute
Singapore PM warns United States against hard line toward China have 392 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.