Among the new patients, Ho Chi Minh City recorded the most, 2,027, followed by its neighbor Binh Duong Province, 1,415, and the Mekong Delta province of Long An, 318.
Hanoi recorded 67 cases, raising its tally to 1,397.
Of all the new infections, 884 were detected in the community and 3,488 were in quarantine zones and areas under lockdown.
More than three months into the new wave, Vietnam has recorded community infections in 62 of its 63 cities and provinces.
HCMC is the epicenter of the latest wave with 92,270 cases.
Vietnam has administered more than 6.2 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, fully vaccinating 620,.611 people with two shots.
- Infected sites rising at alarming rate
- Superbug Infections Rising Among People Who Inject Drugs
- Thankless job: Medical workers face abuse, infection threats
- Vietnamese carriers expand Asian itinerary to tap rising demand
- Vietnam’s banks change from magnetic cards to chip cards
- Mekong Delta extinction an extreme prediction: Vietnam
- Mekong Delta extinction an extreme prediction: Vietnam expert
- I-Team helps Vietnam veteran get medical care
- Vietnam's insurance industry keeps thriving in first half of 2019
- S. Korea may overtake China as Vietnam’s top tourism market
- New, Sneakier Flashback Malware Infects Macs
- Hypertension on-the-rise poses serious health risks
- Adjust: Vietnam leads the world in fastest-growing app markets
- Will Vietnam’s automobiles have to compete with cars from Laos and Cambodia?
- Vietnam Airlines Jan-Sept profit highest in five years
- US ambassador ends tenure, but will continue living in Vietnam
- Exchange rate in Vietnam forecast to be stable in 2019
- Fitch Ratings affirms Vietnam’s sovereign rating at 'BB' with positive outlook
- Ending the infection that scrapes eyes blind
- Foodborne disease infections are on the rise. Here are the most common
Vietnam's infection tally rises by 4,372 have 256 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.