Berlin/London ● Tue, September 21 2021
Europe’s largest airline group Lufthansa, hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic, said Sunday it would seek to raise more than two billion euros with a capital increase.
The German company said its executive board had agreed to a share issue from Wednesday and “the gross proceeds are expected to amount to 2.140 billion euros (US$2.51 billion)”.
Lufthansa said the transaction, intended to improve its equity position and help repay state aid provided in the course of the pandemic, was underwritten by a syndicate of 14 banks.
“All members of the Executive Board of the company have also committed to participate in the capital increase and to exercise all subscription rights received in relation to their shares in full,” it said.
Lufthansa, which also includes…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Monte Paschi approves capital increase
- German Carrier Lufthansa to Take Over Brussels Airlines
- German airlines resume flights to Tel Aviv
- German airlines cry foul over planned environmental tax
- German airlines call for independent regulator to set airport fees
- Water district approves rate increase, fee spending plan
- Step back for Ryanair in subsidy battle with German airlines
- Lufthansa strike causes increasing unease
- German airlines permitted to fly thousands back home
- German air passenger tax under increased fire
- German parliament approves troop increase for Mali, extends Afghanistan mission
- German lawmakers approve troop increase for Afghanistan
- German upper house approves "bad bank" scheme
- German economic sages point to increased growth
- Analysts welcome Deutsche Bank's capital increase
- German interior ministers approve individual assessment for Syrian refugees
- Lufthansa unveils aggressive expansion plan for Berlin
- Lufthansa Lures With Luxury
- Economic recovery efforts stumble over European airline strikes
- Swiss Contemplates the Lufthansa Lifeline
German airline Lufthansa approves capital increase have 309 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.