Meghan and Harry: Expert on 'dramatic' drop in US popularity
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Americans are starting to turn on Harry and Meghan, according to royal expert Kinsey Schofield. Speaking to GB News, Ms Schofield said that popularity for Harry and Meghan peaked after their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey earlier this year. However, she noted that the Duke and Duchess have seen their popularity drop “in a dramatic way” in the months since.
Ms Schofield explained: “They are causing a lot of trouble, not only over there but over here too.
“After the Oprah interview, support for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was huge.
“But, I will say over the last few months people are starting to see that not all of those accusations were correct.
“Some of them were arguably dishonest and I think their popularity is waning in a dramatic way.”
Americans are starting to turn on Harry and Meghan, according to royal expert Kinsey Schofield (Image: GETTY)
Schofield said that popularity for Harry and Meghan peaked after their interview with Oprah (Image: GB NEWS)
The royal expert said that the divide among Americans came down to “age and demographics”.
She added: “Younger people still clamour to them.
“It is the older people, those who are aware of the history and understand tradition, they can see perhaps that the Duke and Duchess may not have the best intentions when it comes to the Royal Family.”
This echoes similar remarks last week from GB News host Nigel Farage, who claimed that the couple’s “honeymoon period” in the US was over.
Robert Jobson calls Harry and Meghan’s Time photo ‘weird’
Schofield noted that the Duke and Duchess have seen their popularity drop ‘in a dramatic way’ (Image: GETTY)
The GB News presenter said the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had the advantage of being able to tell their side of the story first after moving across the pond.
But Mr Farage added that he can see American commentators “getting very bored” of the couple, who quit royal duties last year for a new life in California.
Mr Farage told Express.co.uk: “Meghan and Harry had mover’s advantage in that they were able to put their side of the argument out before anybody else.”
Should Buckingham Palace be turned into museum against Queen’s wishes? [POLL] UK’s new defence pact with Aussies will start World War 3 [COMMENT ] Aussie PM rebukes Macron’s claims amid war of words with France [VIDEO]
A recent YouGov poll suggested the Sussexes’ popularity in the UK is continuing to fall (Image: EXPRESS)
He added: “But bit by bit, I can see even American commentators getting very bored with them, so I think their honeymoon is over.
“America is a little bit behind but Americans are beginning to see it.”
A recent YouGov poll suggested the Sussexes’ popularity in the UK is continuing to fall.
The poll of 1,667 British adults carried out from August 27 to 29 showed positive opinion on Harry has dropped nine points since April from 43 percent to 34 percent.
The survey found positive opinion on Meghan has also dropped from 29 percent in April to 26 percent.
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle's iconic rain shot explained by photographer Samir Hussein
- 'THEY should pay!' British taxpayers' fury as £20m bill for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's security falls entirely on UK after Canada refuses to pay it after Megxit
- The Queen doesn't own the word 'Royal' and we will KEEP our HRH prefixes, say Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: Couple's extraordinary claim as they complain about their treatment in sour statement after Her Majesty forced them to drop 'Sussex Royal'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are ‘Royal’ No More, and Coronavirus Will Delay Their Rebrand
- SARAH VINE: Is Prince Harry really happy to be loafing in La La Land?
- 'I'm naming this award Harry, because it's coming back to the US with me!' Awkward-looking Prince William and Kate Middleton can't help laughing as Margot Robbie reads Brad Pitt's cheeky Megxit quip at BAFTAs
- How Prince Harry dumped The Firm... by emailing his father and the Queen: That’s just one of the jaw-dropping revelations about the true inside story of Megxit – by the Mail’s royal editor who knew Harry so well
- Century’s old rule that could see Prince Harry return to the UK after move
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘house hunt in same LA area Diana wanted to live’
- How ‘Operation Princess’ failed for Meghan Markle
- Farewell and good luck Harry – a conflicted prince forever torn between duty, love and fame
- Prince Harry, Bon Jovi and the Invictus Games Choir drop charity single 'Unbroken' - and hope it will 'touch many hearts and be a light during this troubling time'
- Prince Harry ‘may be asked to give up Duke of Sussex title to become US citizen’ after quitting Canada for California
- Prince Harry ‘dumped Royal Family by emailing Prince Charles and the Queen’
- Coronavirus: royal events we'll miss seeing Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and others at this year
- Australia’s COVID-19 peak is ‘close’ as New York suffers horror day
- Australia’s COVID-19 peak is ‘close’ as New York suffers horror day and President Donald Trump issues new mask warning
- 'It was unbearable, no position I could sit, lie or stand in': Superfit businesswoman, 32, tells of excruciating pain from the coronavirus after she picked it up in the popular Verbier ski resort in Switzerland
- Princess Eugenie Skips Wedding Veil in Favor of Emerald-Embellished Tiara from the Queen
- PIERS MORGAN: The coronavirus has made heroes out of many but brought out the selfish worst in others - here are my 20 top Cov-idiots so far (and isn't it funny how many are rich and famous?)
Harry and Meghan peaked with Oprah as Sussexes suffer 'dramatic' drop in US popularity have 1068 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.