Politico reporter Betsy Swan said Sunday President Joe Biden's plummeting job approval ratings are the result of the "totality of everything that happened since April," and the debacle in Afghanistan is only a part of the bigger picture.
NBC Host Chuck Todd presented a poll evaluating Biden's approval rating among independent voters during a Sunday episode of "Meet the Press."
"You can see his approval rating sitting at 36% now. In April, it was over 50," Todd said of the poll's results. "They [independents] react to what's happening." (RELATED: Biden's Average Approval Falls Below 50% For The First Time As President)
"It's a nightmare number for the White House," Swan weighed in on the data. "I talked with a Republican strategist about this whole situation yesterday. And what that person said is that Afghanistan — that horror in a vacuum — probably would not have significantly damaged Biden's poll numbers the way we've seen them change over the last few months."
"It gives Republicans an opening to argue that things are spiraling out of control for the White House," Swan claimed. "Whether or not that's accurate, this number tells you what you need to know at least in terms of the way that this administration … are communicating to the American people and to these persuadable independents how exactly they're governing."
- Manager Alex Cora Won’t Attend White House Ceremony
- Manager Alex Cora Won’t Attend Red Sox White House Ceremony
- Another star Red Sox player has said he won't visit the White House
- Trump reportedly joked Jared Kushner 'is half the size of Tom Brady's forearm'
- Fresno State basketball’s shortcomings all exposed in falling short of MW title game
- Dana White, Josh Allen, others show support for Clovis teenager after paralyzing fall
- Fishing report for week of Jan. 9-15
- Fishing report for week of March 20-26: Spring bite good for bass, stripers, trout
- Midseason Report Card Grades for Every NBA Team
- 2015 LA motor show - report and gallery
- Fishing report for week of Jan. 16-22
- Fishing report for week of Feb. 27-March 5: Bass action good at San Joaquin Valley lakes
- MLB's best player at each uniform number -- from No. 1 Ozzie Smith to No. 99 Manny Ramirez and every digit in between
- Fishing report for week of Feb. 20-26: Pine Flat and Eastman bass hitting
- Fishing report for week of March 13-19: Good bass bite up and down Central California
- Fishing report for week of Dec. 5-11
- Bulldogs can’t close and are bounced from Women’s NIT. Candice White ends No. 3 on scoring list
- NBA injury report: Return timeline, updates, impact for Joel Embiid, Kyrie Irving, Clint Capela, other injured stars
- Netherlands-England player ratings
- 1967 Pontiac GTO XXX Movie Car – XXX-Rated
‘It’s A Nightmare Number For The White House’: Politico Reporter Breaks Down Biden’s Falling Approval Ratings have 495 words, post on dailycaller.com at September 5, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.