Jakarta ● Mon, September 20 2021
The remaining swaths of oil palm plantations inside forest areas will have to be resolved by the controversial Job Creation Law and its implementing regulations if the expiring moratorium on new plantations is not extended after the three-year run, an official says.
The moratorium, enacted by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo three years ago in September through Presidential Instruction (Perpres) No. 8/2018, required government agencies to stop granting new licenses for palm oil concessions and to review existing ones every three years. It was expected to improve palm oil governance and was put in place amid concerns of deforestation caused by oil palm plantations near or inside forest areas.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- House calls for special law on oil palm
- Moratorium on oil palm plantation permits aimed at resolving problems
- President recommends opening of oil palm and coffee faculties
- The House urges the government to end oil palm dispute with EU
- This Startup Turns CO2 Into A Sustainable Replacement For Palm Oil
- African Palm Corp. to Launch Palm Oil Production in Guinea-Bissau, West Africa
- Palm oil exports dented by regulations in destination nations
- Boycott is not solution to sustainable palm oil
- Colorado AG Defies Governor, Appeals Oil And Gas Safety Ruling To State Supreme Court
- Lawyer fighting palm oil among 6 to win environmental prize
- Three palm oil factories to be built in Bangka Tengah
- Will dolphins die in search for oil? Marine life at risk, legal action says
- 'I Consider Law School A Waste Of My Life And An Extraordinary Waste Of Money'
- PGA of America not 'poised' to leave headquarters, Palm Beach County official says
- Indonesia willing to assist Pakistan in palm oil production
- Palm’s progress: The rise, fall—and rebirth—of a legendary brand
- Enbridge, Minnesota officials talking about pipeline security before latest approval for Line 3 replacement
- This popular ice cream shop wants to expand in Fresno, motor oil flavor included
- Opponents of new oil-gas law won't try for repeal this year
- This R Street bar sold CBD oil-infused cocktails. Then the cops came knocking.
Jobs law to replace oil palm moratorium have 391 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.