Solskjaer and Maguire lament Man Utd’s lack of discipline in Bern
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Four clubs are believed to be interested in signing Paul Pogba on a free transfer next summer . Barcelona are the latest club to be linked with making a big play to sign the France international, following a reported meeting between the player's agent and the club.
Pogba and his representatives have yet to show signs of willingness to sign a new Man Utd contract after the player's tumultuous second spell at the club.
The 28-year-old's contract comes to an end in the summer of 2022, and United are concerned that the player could walk away for free.
And Barcelona are the latest club linked with interest in a huge-wage offer to tempt Pogba into allowing his deal at Old Trafford to run out.
Spanish publication Fichajes say that Pogba's agent Mino Raiola met with Barca president Joan Laporta to discuss the possibility of a move.
But if a free-transfer move is ahead for a Pogba, there will be plenty of clubs prepared to make sizeable offers.
Paul Pogba’s contract is up next summer (Image: GETTY)
Pogba has previously been heavily linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain next summer, with the French club looking to repeat the transfer trick that saw them sign Lionel Messi, Gigi Wijnaldum, Sergio Ramos and Gianluigi Donnarumma all on free transfers this summer.
But Pogba says that he personally has not been involved in any talks with PSG, stopping short of denying that any conversations had already taken place between the Paris club and his representatives.
"Contacts with Paris? I have an agent that deals with all that," Pogba said. "I don't have Nasser [Al-Khelaifi]'s number."
DON’T MISS: Man Utd have another reason for wanting to seal Declan Rice transfer Chelsea risk Conte repeat if Granovskaia goes against Tuchel's wishes Liverpool accused of 'taking liberties' as Rio Ferdinand sounds warning
Real Madrid are also long-term admirers of Pogba, with president Florentino Perez keen to add a high-profile name to the team's ageing central midfield.
Juventus have also been linked with a move to bring Pogba back to Turin, although whether the Serie A outfit could match the wage offers of the other interested parties is doubtful.
And Pogba could yet stay at United, after the club displayed their intent in the transfer market with the signings of Cristiano Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane this summer.
THINK YOU KNOW SPORT? Test your sporting knowledge with our tricky quiz
Pogba could be tempted to stay by Cristiano Ronaldo (Image: GETTY)
The player's agent has repeatedly spoken out about United's relationship with his client, and insisted midway through last season that there was no chance of him signing a new contract at Old Trafford.
“There are negotiations with Paul’s representatives and the club,” Solskjaer said last month.
“Me and Paul work together every day here and we keep on trying to improve, improve the team and to enjoy ourselves."
- Pogba completes world record Man Utd return
- FIFA clears Man Utd, targets Juve over Pogba deal
- Celta plans more pain for exhausted Man Utd
- Last 16 in view for Van Gaal’s hardy Man Utd
- Why Are Manchester United Fans Labelling The New Women’s Kit “Sexist”?
- 8 key insights from Trump’s book ‘The Art of the Deal’ reveal how the president thinks
- United’s CEO cheated death a month into the job and is now leading the company in a battle to become America’s best airline
- Chris Paul helps Rockets rout Shanghai Sharks
- New season, same old problems for Arsenal’s Wenger
- What fictional characters should face off in their own civil war?
- We went to Red Lobster for its ‘Endless Shrimp’ promo and stayed for 8 hours — here’s what happened
- The new face of Trump’s legal team has never done anything like this — and allies think he’s the perfect fit
- The ‘Insta-famous’ sons and daughters of New York’s elite let me into their circle — here’s what it was like
- LIST: 10 new shows on the block
- Le Mans 24 Hours – ‘The Mount Everest of Motors Sports’
- Hindu nationalism and unorganized social liberalism in battle for India’s soul
- The GOP establishment is rallying around a new frontrunner to replace Jeff Flake — but she’s been repeatedly critical of Trump
- Iraq parliament postpones decision on new leaders
- Red Guard propaganda to papal portrait: An artist profile
- LA Clippers owner faces stiff penalties
Man Utd's Paul Pogba 'wanted by four clubs' as Red Devils face battle to agree new deal have 921 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.