Sydney, Australia ● Tue, September 21 2021
Australia’s New South Wales (NSW) state on Monday reported its lowest rise in daily COVID-19 cases in more than three weeks as some lockdown restrictions were eased in Sydney, the state capital, amid higher vaccination levels.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said 935 new cases had been detected in the state, the lowest daily tally since Aug. 27, and down from 1,083 on Sunday. The state reported four more deaths.
“We’re feeling more positive than we have in a couple of weeks […] but I don’t want any of us to sit back and think the worst is behind us,” Berejiklian told reporters in Sydney, warning of more deaths in the days ahead.
“Because we have seen the accumulation of so many cases, we know that October is going to be very challenging for our hospital system.”
Nearly half of Australia’s 25 million people is…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Measles outbreak plateau? New weekly US cases hover near 20, CDC report reveals
- Experts warn of increases in tick-borne Powassan virus
- 10 Best Cases For Your New Nintendo Switch
- New strain of Strep A that is NINE TIMES more aggressive is 'behind the record-high number of cases of scarlet fever in England'
- Vaccinations jump 500% in antivax hotspot amid measles outbreak
- What’s New in Windows 10’s Fall Creators Update, Available Now
- Anti-vaxxers keep dragging health officials to court as US measles cases soar
- Edited Transcript of CHKP earnings conference call or presentation 28-Oct-19 12:30pm GMT
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of the Militant Tenant
- AI generates orthodontic plans to ease dentist burden
- Fun, games and money: Legalising online sports betting can make India richer by Rs 19,000 cr
- India vs Australia Highlights, 4th Test Day 1: Cheteshwar Pujara's 18 Test Century Takes India To 303/4 On Day 1
- Weird Al emerged, post-punk exploded, and DJing matured in 1981
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- Hepatitis A Races Across The Country
- BUDGET 2019: Tax cuts for 10 million Australians, free money for tradies and cash handouts that made Julie Bishop jump for joy - but there's NOTHING for students or first home buyers
- Healthcare Cybersecurity Tips to Help Protect Your Data
- Herald All-Scholastics: Softball
- Huawei Nova 3i — Australian Review
- Measles: How a preventable disease returned from the past
Sydney COVID-19 cases fall as curbs ease in virus hotspots have 402 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.