Suva ● Tue, September 21 2021
Fiji plans to reopen for international tourists by November, aiming to rebuild a pandemic-devastated economy while battling a Delta-variant coronavirus outbreak.
“Our goal is to free our country — and our economy — from the rut of the pandemic,” Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama said in a statement last week.
Once 80 percent of Fiji’s eligible population is vaccinated, it will offer quarantine-free travel to visitors from a “green list” of locations.
Of Fiji’s eligible population, 66 percent is now fully vaccinated and Bainimarama predicts the country’s target will be met by Nov. 1.
Fiji’s green list includes Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Canada, Korea, Singapore and parts of the United States.
Visitors would need to be fully vaccinated and test negative for COVID-19 prior to …
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Eradication of Zika-spreading mosquito in Brazil unlikely
- Hurricane Dorian churns up the East Coast bringing the worst flooding in 30 YEARS and 100MPH winds as it takes aim at the Carolinas leaving at least one dead and tens of thousands without power
- The Bottled Water Obsession Taking over NBA Locker Rooms
- Top-ranked Jason Day is the latest golfer to withdraw from the Olympics
- How New Zealand made Edmund Hillary, the man who conquered Everest
- Jimmy ‘Superfly’ Snuka testifies he can’t remember his mom’s name
- Judge: 'Superfly' Snuka incompetent to stand trial
- The Latest: US, Sweden scoreless at quarterfinal halftime
- The Latest: Women's heptathlon underway at Rio Olympics
- The Latest: Andrew Bogut not playing in game against China
- The Latest: Manuel all business in prelims a day after gold
- The Latest: US, Sweden head to penalties in women's soccer
- The Latest: US women ousted by Sweden after penalty kicks
- The Latest: Italian Bacosi wins gold in women's skeet
- The Latest: With loss, US women to miss first Olympic final
- Former pro wrestler Jimmy ‘Superfly’ Snuka dies at 73
- All Blacked-out! Inspiring stories of Bledisloe Cup glory and defeat
- South Africa vs Australia: International cricket fourth Test – Day 3, live scores, blog
- The Latest: US lawmaker: Were bombers targeting Americans?
- The Latest: Brussels Airport to stay closed until Saturday
Virus-hit Fiji to reopen borders for tourists have 382 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.