Jakarta ● Wed, October 13 2021
A lack of competition has been blamed for helping food delivery companies charge high fees, hurting micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) that rely on such platforms.
Ride-hailing and financial services company Gojek, a subsidiary of tech giant GoTo, charges 20 percent with an additional Rp 1,000 (7 US cents) for every transaction on GoFood, its food delivery platform.
GrabFood, the food delivery service of ride-hailing company Grab, takes 30 percent in commission for every transaction.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- One nation, underfed: 'A Place at the Table' warns that food crisis puts millions of children at risk
- Projecting the Giants' 53-man roster for the 2018 season
- Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu And Let’s Go Eevee Review
- I Cut Facebook Out of My Life. Surprisingly, I Missed It
- Ethiopian food: The 15 greatest dishes
- Food Prowl: Omaha's best craft cocktail
- These Food ‘Museums’ Want to Tease Your Palate and Dominate Your Instagram
- A Whirlwind, Round-the-World Food Tour of Queens
- France's Greatest Region for Food, Where Cheese Is Blessed, Wine is Divine and Gluttony Is Godly
- German food’s not heavy. It’s hearty — and wonderful
- 3 Reasons Why I Gladly Welcome Competition
- Hanging on to your Vietnamese food culture
- Insecticides put world food supplies at risk, say scientists
- Sale of Supervalu means Cub Foods stores will be sold off
- The Edinboro Castle, Camden Town, food review: ‘Elevated pub grub sets you up for good night out’
- Rumors That Zack Snyder Helped With Aquaman Prove the Snyder Cut Will Haunt Us Forever
- Kendall Jenner gets her late-night fast food fix at McDonald's as she dresses down in jeans... hours after wowing in sheer dress at London's British Fashion Awards
- Food review: Joseph Connolly visits Italian restaurant La Golosa
- Read Obama’s Speech Before A Joint Session Of Congress As Prepared For Delivery
- This is the most popular fast food item of all time
Lack of competition lets food delivery giants take large cuts have 342 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.