Jakarta ● Thu, October 14 2021
Activists have slammed the government for pressing ahead with installing the first batch of military reservists despite the law that regulates the controversial program still being reviewed by the Constitutional Court.
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo inaugurated last week some 3,100 civilians as military reservists, marking the establishment of military reserves (Komcad).
The reservists had undergone three month-long basic military training periods at the Army’s Special Forces training center in Batu Jajar, West Java after passing the selection process held by the Defense Ministry in June.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Whither Human Rights?
- The Rio Olympics are going to be a complete disaster for human rights, according to experts
- Inter-American Human Rights Commission hears from meat and poultry workers about abuses
- A look at N. Korea’s human rights abuses Trump muted
- Human Rights Watch concerned Donald Trump could commit massive rights violations
- Is the Gates Foundation putting toilets ahead of human rights?
- Humanists Denounce SCOTUS Decision to Allow Trans Military Ban
- Before chanting ‘Geneva Convention violations’, India should look in its own backyard
- Cold case justice: Inside the hunt for civil rights era killers
- Dealing with some Pro-Life Arguments: Human Individuals
- The complexity of conflicts in the Middle East
- No Longer Driven by Conflict, Colombians Vote for President
- Roomba Violates All Three Laws Of Roombotics
- Can Nonviolence Change the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict?
- Being Russian-American Is a Leeettle Awkward Right Now
- The Republican Right: Al-Qaeda’s Unwitting Hype Men?
- Myanmar military chief among those banned by Facebook
- TRANSCRIPT: Obama Gay Rights Speech
- The American Military Moves Into Africa
- U.S. Military Announces Plan To Consolidate All Wars Into Final, Epic Battle
Military reserve program feared to cause horizontal conflicts, violate human rights have 310 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.