Jakarta ● Wed, October 13 2021
Retailers have estimated that sales improved further in September, in line with the easing of mobility restrictions by the government, but spare parts, food and beverages may lag behind other categories.
Bank Indonesia (BI) reported Monday that the retail sales index contracted by an estimated 1.8 percent year-on-year (yoy) to 190.3 in September. The contraction is smaller than the 2.1 percent annual contraction in August.
"The result of the retail sales survey in August indicated an improvement," Muhamad Nur, a group head at the central bank's communications department, was quoted in a press release as saying on Monday.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Nation to further tap consumption potential for momentum
- The Biggest Tech Product Flops of the 2010s
- Economists say growth for FY20 may slip to around 5%
- Gold-backed ETFs gain popularity in nation
- Gold loses shine as most liquid asset status goes
Retail sales show gradual improvement in September have 192 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.