Kiev ● Wed, October 13 2021
EU leaders meet Tuesday with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, who has fiercely opposed a new gas pipeline that bypasses his country and increases Europe’s energy reliance on Russia.
European Council leader Charles Michel and European Commission leader Ursula von der Leyen are heading to Ukraine as Europe faces a gas crisis after a surge in prices and drop in reserves.
Ukraine’s years-long war with Russian-backed separatists and reform efforts will also be on the agenda, but the gas crisis is likely to be at the forefront of talks.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Burned by Russia, Poland Turns to U.S. for Natural Gas and Energy Security
- With Russian hawks circling, the west would be wise not to ignore this week’s elections in Ukraine
- Yanukovich is out, what next for Ukraine?
- Trump opens NATO summit with blistering criticism of Germany, labels allies 'delinquent'
- The Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline is a Russian trap
- Georgia wants to join Nato, but Russian occupied territories stand in the way
- Paul Manafort Was an Agent of Ukraine, Not Russia
- As Ukraine and Russia Battle Over Orthodoxy, Schism Looms
- Ukraine Fast Facts
- Denmark calls on EU to act against Putin: Copenhagen FURY at Russia ‘aggressive behaviour’
- ‘BLOCKADE Russian ships’ - ex-US ambassador suggests new tactic to CONTAIN Putin
- Russia bristles as fresh US sanctions loom
- US and EU sanctions CRUSHING Putin’s ability to trigger World War 3 says spy chief
- A Comedian Who Plays Ukraine's President On TV Is Leading The Country's Election
- Reject Russian complaints over Macedonia and NATO
- Comedian is top vote-getter in Ukraine presidential election, exit poll shows
- Russians Hope Mueller Report Opens Door to Improved U.S. Ties
- Ukraine presidential vote begins under bribe claim cloud
- U.S. and Germany Defuse an Energy Dispute, Easing Tensions
- China plotting to DESTROY the EU warns French MEP - 'I'm terribly worried'
Russian gas disputes loom over EU-Ukraine summit have 348 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.