Billionaire Cruise Ship: Chef reveals how much food is cooked
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
While many people make lifelong friends on a cruise holiday, others can't wait to escape the other guests when the ship docks. A reddit thread exposed some of the worst types of cruise passenger.
Reddit user Scott2G posted: "What are your cruising pet peeves?" opening a Pandora's Box of annoying cruise habits.
They said: 'It drives me crazy when fellow passengers seem to have no spatial awareness and just stand there completely blocking a walkway.
"Then you say excuse me and they look at you like you're the a*e."
Sjw_7 agreed: "So maybe I'm 'that' person, but when they are standing in front of me I say 'Walkway' or 'doorway' or whatever it is and then just keep walking.
Even paradise can be spoilt by some “frustrating” fellow travellers (Image: GETTY )
"Right into them. Don't care. Don't block the f*g way. Recently did this to a couple who stepped off an escalator and then just stood there."
Blocking walkways or doorways on the boat is a surefire way to irritate other cruise passengers.
Reddit user notmylesdev said: "As a younger person who goes on more Premium/Luxury lines, people who look at me like I don't belong there.
"I paid the same amount as you, I deserve to be there just as much as you, leave me be and stop staring or waiting for me to make a mistake."
Several younger cruise passengers said they felt that elderly cruise guests had been judgemental of their age.
Prinzka said: "Yeah, I get the feeling a lot of people think you shouldn't cruise until you're retired.
"I made good money and I'm spending that s*** on myself while I'm still young."
GrumpyPoutine said: "Couldn’t agree more. I've had retirees get visibly angry with me once they found out I wasn't part of the crew.
The ship restaurant is often the epicentre of cruise drama (Image: GETTY )
"It's sad and frustrating because I would never tell them 'you should have cruised when you were able to actually enjoy hiking'".
One passenger said they'd been directed to the crew gangway before as staff thought they were too young to be a guest.
According to the Cruise Lines International Association, the average age of a cruise passenger is 47.
Passenger demographics will vary on different cruise lines with some catering to an older audience while others are family focused.
The most and least safe destinations (Image: EXPRESS)
Most cruise lines are all inclusive with passengers able to fill up on as much food and drink as they want.
As a result, the ship restaurant is often the epicentre of cruise drama as passengers fall out over buffet etiquette.
DrLaura12 said: "People who overfill their buffet plates with food they will never eat and throw it away.
"It's okay to sample new dishes but you don't have to take enough to feed a family of six by yourself."
LittleOrangeCat agreed, saying: "You don't have to try to get your money's worth out of the cruise by taking five pounds of shrimp."
- Crew trapped on German cruise ship vent anger at TUI
- Revealed: 6,000 passengers on cruise ships despite coronavirus crisis
- Satellite images reveal fleets of empty cruise ships huddled in the Caribbean and Philippines because they're unable to dock due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Cruise ship dancer couple break down as they reveal they've been stranded in the Bahamas for 54 days and forced to stay inside their rooms for 21 hours in a 'hostile environment' where 'many are suffering mental health issues'
- Coronavirus: British cruise ship worker 'stuck' in Philippines
- Coronavirus live updates: British Prime Minister details plans for next phase of COVID-19 containment
- Coronavirus live updates: Fauci and CDC, FDA directors self-isolating after exposure at White House
- Coronavirus live updates: Mothers’ Day celebrated in different ways around the world
- Coronavirus live updates: Mother’s Day celebrated in different ways around the world
- Smarter cars paving the way for robot vehicles
- Coronavirus live updates: California left out of remdesivir distribution again
- Coronavirus live updates: Popular Fremont nightspot ends 44-year run
- Coronavirus live updates: Musk says Tesla will leave California
- Coronavirus live updates: Nearly 4 million cases worldwide
- Coronavirus live updates: Nursing homes account for nearly 40% of California deaths
- I Have No Desire to Board a Floating Death Trap
- Coronavirus latest: Pandemic slowing in Europe, WHO says
- Coronavirus latest: Japan lifts state of emergency across most states
- Coronavirus: Hong Kong reopening threatens to renew mass protests
- Coronavirus latest: Asia fears second wave of infections
Cruise guests expose worst type of ‘frustrating’ cruise passenger- ‘drives me crazy’ have 1039 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.