Shirley Ballas is all smiles as she gets health test results back
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
“I can now breathe!” 61-year-old Shirley Ballas has exclaimed delightedly of the latest news regarding her recent health scare. The Strictly Come Dancing head judge posted a video update direct from her bed to her 223,000 Instagram followers, after viewers of the show spotted a lump in her armpit and urged her to seek medical help, and informed them that test results are “absolutely fine”.
I can now breathe
“Hi everybody I just wanted to fill you in as promised,” she revealed.
“I got two sets of results back to day and the shadow on my kidney seems absolutely fine and some other polyps are absolutely fine.
“No cancer there so that's good.”
She continued: “Now I need to have my boobies checked one more time when I have a minute.
Shirley Ballas revealed that she had been given the all-clear from cancer (Image: INSTAGRAM/BBC)
Shirley Ballas posted on Instagram to share the latest health update with fans (Image: INSTAGRAM)
“My hormones are still all over the place today so starting today with some oestrogen to see if we can balance the body better…”
The ballroom champion had originally alarmed doctors with her rocketing testosterone levels and “lack of oestrogen”, which they had aimed to investigate to check the cause was not cancer.
Tests had been conducted at King’s College Hospital through the NHS, which Shirley reassured concerned fans had been “really quick”.
Earlier, she had revealed to Richard Madeley – who has recently battled health scares of his own after being rushed to hospital and forced to abandon the I’m A Celebrity castle – that the doctor had been “mortified” by her concerning blood results.
Shirley Ballas shared messages from her fans on Instagram urging her to get checked (Image: INSTAGRAM)
Shirley Ballas promoting Strictly Come Dancing in happier times (Image: GETTY)
“She had a little feel around and she couldn’t feel anything but she had some past blood tests from a few months before. I hadn’t gone back for the results – my fault – and she was alarmed by them,” she had explained on Good Morning Britain.
“She was alarmed by the testosterone levels, the lack of oestrogen levels and other things that were going on.”
She has now had a series of further tests and expects to get results back within a week to ten days – but so far all the signs have been that she is totally clear of any cancer.
She added in relief on her Instagram video: “[The doctor] recommended maybe I take a bit of time for myself which I shall try to do!
“Thank you to all of you who spotted it who made me go and take my MOT of myself. I really appreciate it. I love you all.”
She added affectionately: “You're such great, great people.”
If it had not been for a deluge of concerned comments from fans who spotted the lump on TV, Shirley is unsure if she would have put in the much-needed visit to her doctor.
She had explained: “I was doing a Paso Doble move [during Strictly], put up my right arm and a couple of people got in touch and I kind of ignored and then there was about 11 people getting in touch so I thought, no, I’d better go to the doctor!”
While she awaits further results, the star posted a caption alongside her video with more details.
“Dear Fans and friends. Got two sets of results back and after feeling very anxious for several weeks I can now breathe.
“I want to thank each and every one of you for your caring kind and loving messages. You proved that social media can be a good place, watching out for each other is always a good thing, and I feel blessed.
“Hopefully in a few weeks I'll start to feel less tired and my old self again. Gratitude to you all. Thank you from my heart to yours.”
- Study: Anxiety Resolved By Thinking About It Real Hard
- Strictly Come Dancing 2019: Mike Bushell's 'stompy' Tango ripped apart by former pro
- Strictly's Catherine Tyldesley admits her body confidence was 'beyond low' before she signed up for the show as she praises partner Johannes Radebe for teaching her to 'own it'
- How to Balance Your Mental Health and Success in WordPress
- Living with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder)
- Women Applaud Michelle Obama’s Decision To Share Her Trauma Of Miscarriage
- Anxiety Is All in Your Head
- Kevin Love Shares His Experience With Panic Attacks: "People Don't Talk About Mental Health Enough"
- Rabies: Share the message. Save a life. #WorldRabiesDay
- State's new health commissioner, Dr. Jeffrey Howard, is called 'a breath of fresh air' by a local director who's seen six of them
- Panel at health policy forum cites alternatives to opioids for pain, and the need for a culture shift on the topic
- Health advocates offer tips for getting reluctant local governments to approve syringe exchanges, or 'harm reduction programs'
- Health advocates offer tips for getting reluctant local governments to OK syringe exchanges, now called 'harm reduction programs'
- Appalachian health researchers discuss work (much of it about drugs) and are urged to engage more closely with communities
- Appalachian health researchers discuss work, with three sessions on drugs, and are urged to engage more closely with communities
- Half of U.S. adults don't know the five symptoms of a heart attack; Ky. ranks second in the share of the population who've had one
- Shirley Sherrod, the Media and Conservative Fantasies
- Liuba Grechen Shirley Talks Healthcare, #MeToo, And Her Mission To Unseat Rep. Peter King
- A Prayer to Catch Your Breath
- Niyo: Ex-UM lineman tackles mental health issues
'I can now breathe' Strictly's Shirley Ballas shares health news after weeks of anxiety have 1153 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.