Liverpool v FC Porto Pictures
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Liverpool return to Premier League action on Saturday when they host Southampton and will be looking to cut Chelsea 's lead at the top of the table. Jurgen Klopp 's side are four points behind the Blues but Thomas Tuchel’s men aren't in action until Sunday afternoon.
Klopp has had to contend with a string of injuries in recent weeks but could have some of his key charges back for Saturday's clash.
The German manager is set for a midfield dilemma as players return to fitness and Express Sport takes a look at how Liverpool could line up at Anfield.
Goalkeeper – Alisson
Alisson has been instrumental once again this season and kept his place in Liverpool's much-changed side for their Champions League victory over Porto in midweek.
And the Brazil international will take his place between the posts once again when the Saints come to town.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is facing a midfield dilemma for his side’s clash with Southampton (Image: GETTY)
Defence – Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson
Klopp was dealt a blow earlier this month when Andy Robertson was forced off during Scotland's victory over Denmark.
The left-back subsequently missed the Reds' 4-0 thrashing of Arsenal last weekend but returned to the fold on Wednesday night as he replaced Kostas Tsimikas in the second half.
Robertson will be back in the team on Saturday, while Trent Alexander-Arnold will line up on the opposite side of defence.
The England international, who has already racked up a staggering nine assists this season, remained on the bench against Porto.
Joel Matip could partner Virgil van Dijk at centre-back as Liverpool go in search of their eighth top-flight clean sheet of the season.
DON’T MISS: Ralf Rangnick’s ‘eight hour’ chat with Man Utd’s John Murtough (NEWS) Shaw details Pochettino’s desire to work with Man Utd star again (INSIGHT) Man Utd negotiating trick prompts Rangnick U-turn after Chelsea snub (ANALYSIS)
Midfield – Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago
Klopp is no longer short of midfield options and Naby Keita could be fit enough to return to the squad on Saturday.
The Guinea international may have to settle for a place on the bench, however, alongside Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain if Klopp opts for Jordan Henderson and Thiago in midfield.
Fabinho looks to be a shoo-in as Liverpool's defensive midfielder as his side have looked much more assured when he has been available this season.
Liverpool forward Diogo Jota could lead the Reds’ frontline against Southampton (Image: GETTY)
Forwards – Salah, Jota, Mane
Mohamed Salah played 72 minutes against Porto and found the back of the net for the 17th time this season.
He will start in a front three alongside Sadio Mane and Diogo Jota.
Jota led the Liverpool line last weekend in the absence of Roberto Firmino and grabbed a goal but was taken off late on after receiving a knock to his knee.
But the Portugal international was named on the bench on Wednesday night and should be fit to return to the starting line-up as Liverpool look to inflict defeat on Southampton.
- Coronavirus: Jurgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola Voice Concerns Over Matches Behind Closed Doors
- Jurgen Klopp blasts Atletico Madrid for not playing ‘proper football’ after Liverpool dumped out of the Champions League
- Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp's side need European best against Atletico Madrid
- Chelsea vs Liverpool LIVE RESULT: Score, stream free, TV channel, kick off time and team news for FA Cup fifth-round
- Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid FREE: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time and team news for Champions League clash
- Jurgen Klopp questions Atletico Madrid style after Liverpool's Champions League exit
- How to watch Norwich City vs. Southampton: Live stream, TV channel, start time for Saturday's Premier League game
- LAFC vs Inter Miami: Live stream, TV channel, kick off time, team news, and odds for huge MLS opener
- Chelsea vs Everton LIVE RESULT: Score, stream, TV channel, kick off time and team news for Premier League clash
- Champions League: Imperfect Liverpool Offer Hope To Atletico Madrid
- Liverpool 2-1 Bournemouth: Salah and Mane clinch record-breaking win
- Coronavirus: Liverpool Left To Wait And Wonder With Premier League In Limbo
- Klopp dragged Liverpool to brink of ending title curse – but even he knows there are more important things than football
- Souness urges Chelsea to sign Jan Oblak to replace world record flop Kepa after watching masterclass against Liverpool
- Klopp denies suggestion Liverpool missed opportunity at Everton
- Coronavirus: Van Dijk fears Liverpool will win title in empty stadium
- No handshakes in EPL but Klopp fist-pumping again after win
- Liverpool Bounce Back, Arsenal Close Gap On Top Four In Premier League
- Rumour Has It: Real Madrid target Liverpool's Mane, Juve & Ronaldo want to continue together
- Charlie Nicholas' Premier League predictions: Tottenham vs Man Utd, Everton vs Liverpool
Liverpool team news: Expected XI vs Southampton with Jurgen Klopp facing midfield dilemma have 949 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.