MANILA, Philippines — The Act as One party-list group pledges to prioritize legislation to fund the research and development and the manufacture of vaccines should it win a seat in the House of Representatives in the 2022 elections.
The Philippines is capable of producing the materials for such activities, Reynold Munsayac, Act as One first nominee, said during the online Kapihan sa Manila Bay forum on Wednesday
"Some view R and D as a mere expense, but look at other countries: They have partnerships with major vaccine manufacturers so they're able to produce vaccines inside their own territories. We should strive to do the same," Munsayac said.
"We have local companies capable of producing vaccine bio-equivalents. If given enough support and funding, we have many excellent doctors and scientists who could help produce vaccines — not just for COVID-19 but for other illnesses as well," he added.
Munsayac, a lawyer who is the former chairman of the Presidential Commission on Good Government, said Act as One had no plan to join the 2022 elections. But on seeing the economic impact of COVID-19, the group decided to seek a seat in the House.
Munsayac said the group vowed not disappoint their voters.
"We will show gratitude with sensible legislation, through efficient governance, and through transparency," he said.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- NVIDIA joins Covid High Performance Computing Consortium group,will give researchers access to 30 supercomputers
- Group pushes Trump for creation of manufacturing chief
- George Soros-Funded Group Pushes Nationwide Drop Boxes for Voting
- Second US coronavirus vaccine trial which was given funding by Bill Gates launches in Pittsburgh and Kansas City as drug company promises 1 million doses of its shot by year-end
- Scientist Says Coronavirus Vaccine Could Be Ready by September
- Six Indian companies working on COVID-19 vaccine, many challenges in finding a preventive: Experts
- Coronavirus vaccine could be ready by September with an 80% likelihood it will work, says Oxford University expert leading research team
- Human Trials of Two Coronavirus Vaccines Start in China
- China investors flock to money market funds despite record low yield
- World Health Organisation reveals there are more than 70 coronavirus vaccines in development globally - including three already undergoing human trials
- coronavirus: Bill Gates calls for funding from G-20 members to develop vaccine
- Republican Group Uses Coronavirus To Boost Their Corporate Donors
- Coronavirus vaccine could be ready by AUTUMN, say Oxford University researchers behind major trial
- First coronavirus vaccine could be ready by autumn, scientists say
- British coronavirus vaccine could be just WEEKS away as Oxford Uni say they’re ‘80% confident’ new drug will work
- Race is on for a coronavirus cure with 115 vaccines in the works worldwide
- Race is on for a coronavirus cure with 115 vaccines in the works worldwide as global toll tops 100,000
- New coronavirus vaccine trial underway in the US and funded by the Bill Gates Foundation uses 'skin-deep' shots instead of jabs into the muscle which is typically used
- Hope to get nasal vaccine against Covid-19 into market in 12-18 months: Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech
- Two of the world's largest vaccine manufacturers collaborate to speed up coronavirus effort
Party-list group to push for more funding for research, manufacture of vaccines have 501 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.