What adjustment do you make when you act from stage to screen—and what sort of shift happens in terms of technique? We asked Vanessa Hudgens this question when we spoke to her recently.
"Film is a lot more technical," the lovely 32-year-old Filipino American actress, who's currently in Netflix's "Tick, Tick … Boom!" and "The Princess Switch 3," told Inquirer Entertainment. "I mean, they're similar but so different at the same time.
"With stage, you are living in the moment. You have an audience that's feeding you energy immediately. And it's almost a sacred space because your performance is unfiltered. It's raw and unedited—the experience you share with an audience is unique, and it will be different every night!
Love for theater
"With film, you do it with a lot more lights, and there's much you got to hit. It takes so much more time. I feel like you definitely have to rein it in a little bit and rely more on subtleties because the camera is right here (in your face) rather than having the audience far away.
"But, you know, you give it your all and then, it's someone other people's job to do something with it as they please. Which is why I will always love theater because it is such a raw, uncensored experience—for both the artist and his or her audience." INQ
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
- Netflix’s Christmas Queen Vanessa Hudgens Shamelessly Rips Off Emma Stone’s Cruella
- Vanessa Kirby simmers with grief in the loud but hollow Pieces Of A Woman
- Daniel Craig given the same New Year's honour James Bond received in 007 films
- From Jim Carrey to Jared Leto: why Hollywood went mad for method acting
- Oscars International Feature Shortlist: Which Films Could Make The Cut
- Jamie Dornan oozes charm as he takes to the stage to sing at the Belfast premiere after-party in Los Angeles
- National Award-winning Assam filmmaker Rima Das on Village Rockstars: ‘The kids learnt how to act under open skies’
- Indigenous film and TV characters having positive impact on youth
- The BEST Indian Films of 2021
- Maggie Cheung had 'no interest' in martial arts films - but did them anyway
- Isabelle Huppert To Receive Honorary Golden Bear At Berlin Film Festival
- Home Alone’s Marv Murchins star Daniel Stern is unrecognisable 31 years on from legendary Christmas film
- Tara Sutaria Thanks Her Fans For The Success Of Tadap, Says She Loved Playing The Grey Character In The Film
- Love Actually’s Olivia Olson unrecognisable after ditching acting for pop career and X Factor appearance
- ‘Didn’t know what acting was until I joined theatre’: Mirzapur actor Aasif Khan
- Sister Act stars now - tragic deaths, gruelling cancer battle and Hollywood career
- Music preview 2022: The biggest releases, tours and films
- The Father: Why Olivia Colman's new film will leave you disorientated
- 15 films to look out for in the Oscars race
- In His Films, Big Roles Go to Passers-by and Professionals Alike
Vanessa Hudgens on acting for film and stage have 509 words, post on entertainment.inquirer.net at December 6, 2021. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.