THE lure of an all-you-can-eat buffet can make you want to stuff your face until you can’t cram in a single thing more.
For Danielle Shap, she found out the consequences of stuffing her face the hard way, as she went straight from the sushi buffet to the hospital.
In a TikTok , which has had 11.3 million views, Danielle began with some snaps of her in a hospital bed before showing her chowing down on some serious sushi.
She detailed how much she ate in another TikTok , where she said she had; miso soup, 4 gyoza, 2 jalapeno poppers, 8 pieces of a green dragon roll, snow roll, California roll, edamame, wakame roll.
The meal totalled roughly 32 pieces of sushi in one sitting.
FABULOUS BINGO: GET A £5 FREE BONUS WITH NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED
Toward the end of the video, Danielle hid a piece of sushi in a napkin, perhaps realising her body had had enough.
She captioned the video: “We were rolled out of the restaurant” and the other video: “All you can eat sushi gone wrong…”
Raw fish, which is common in sushi and sashimi, can be dangerous in large doses as it has a high concentration of mercury.
Mercury, which is also the stuff found in glass thermometers is very toxic and poisonous to humans as around 20 µg/m 3 of air or higher can have subtle effects on the central nervous system.
Fish with the highest concentrations of mercury are the ones that have lived longest and are generally higher on the food chain, so species such as marlin, tuna, shark, swordfish, king mackerel and tilefish.
After watching the videos one commenter wrote: “You said you were rolled out of the restaurant not knowing it’d be on a stretcher.”
Another didn’t want to see their favorite food being seen as dangerous, adding: “As a sushi lover, I don’t claim any of this negative sushi energy.”
A third agreed, shouting: “I’M NOT GOING TO STAND FOR THE SUSHI SLANDER.”
Another genuinely curious and concerned commenter asked: “Did you have to show this to your doctor?”
To which Danielle replied: “Yes lol.”
“How do people eat like this? I can have like 5 pieces of rolls and be stuffed,” pondered one.
“How do y’all put this much sushi away?” another asked.
One tried to find a positive in the situation, saying: “In a way it's good you documented this? I guess?”
While another offered a solution: “Oil of oregano completely gets rid of food poisoning trust me on this yall.”
For more food stories, check out how this mum's “disgusting” lunchbox was slammed after she made sushi out of SPAM for her kids
And would you use this clever diet trick at the hotel buffet to never put on weight again?
Plus, this mum-of-10 uses four trolleys for her weekly shop and making packed lunches is like preparing for a family buffet.
- 'We saw you eat three plates full' - pub boss hits back after diner moans about buffet
- Three Vietnamese students hospitalized after eating ‘heartbreak grass’ to commit suicide
- Guinness World Records trivia: This man ate metal, glass; holds ‘strangest diet’ record
- 'I didn't get help for my eating disorder because I was 'too fat' to be ill'
- Amanda Redman shares 'trepidation' ahead of Good Karma Hospital season 4
- Cannibal gator! Massive 20ft alligator is caught on camera 'eating' smaller love rival on a Florida lawn
- Teenager suffering from dangerous liver illness after eating fish on holiday
- LA County Reports 64 More Deaths Linked To COVID-19 As Hospitalizations Fall
- 'I went up like a match after husband's BBQ mistake - but I love and forgive him'
- Man who went viral for his bizarre dinners ends up in hospital with stomach problems
- Couple deliver own baby for second time after road works block way to hospital
- Many hospitals don't have rape kits. Proposed legislation aims to change that
- Tributes paid to 'selfless' mum who went to sleep on Christmas Day and never woke up
- The Last Sunset: ‘Impossible’ Kirk Douglas ‘went berserk’ but Rock Hudson ‘very dedicated’
- I-Team: Lawmaker Calls For Investigation After Nurse Attacked In Tewksbury Hospital
- Emmerdale actor Toby Kirkup died at home just hours after hospital discharge
- Russia bombs residential area of Kharkiv and intensifies Kyiv assault as talks with Ukraine end
- I ate my feelings and ballooned to 28st – I ended my toxic relationship and lost 14st, now people say I’m unrecognisable
- Pub boss launches explosive rant in reply to Tripadvisor family buffet review
- Pub manager hits back in family buffet row pointing out 'you had three plates'
I went to an all-you-can-eat buffet and ended up in hospital because I ate so much have 761 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.