Linderbaum is Mel Kiper Jr.’s top center prospect in the upcoming draft and the recipient of the Rimington Trophy this past season, recognizing the nation’s top center.
“These last four years have been nothing short of amazing,” Linderbaum said on social media. “Being able to play the game I love with the best teammates and coaches in front of the best fan base in the world has been a dream come true. I will forever be thankful for all the love and support I have received over the last four years and truly could not imagine my time anywhere else.”
Linderbaum is a three year starter for the Hawkeyes and has been an anchor on the offensive line since his redshirt freshman season in 2019. Linderbaum was honorable mention All-Big Ten that year, starting 13 games at center.
He was then voted first team All-Big Ten in 2020, and was one of three finalists for the Rimington Trophy. He started all eight games that season, as well and became a household name as one of the best centers in the country.
He lived up to the preseason expectations in 2021, winning the Rimington Trophy and named an All- American on the offensive line after an outstanding season.
Linderbaum is projected as a first round pick in Kiper Jr.’s latest mock draft and the third-best offensive lineman overall.
- Who is Kyler Murray? Q&A from day one of the 2019 NFL draft
- Who is Kyler Murray? Baseball prodigy, 'too small' to play quarterback and now the No 1 pick in 2019 NFL Draft
- Kyler Murray hails ‘dream come true’ after being picked first in NFL draft
- Chris Boughton's Golf Column: Bury produce dual Junior Open winners
- Arkush: Operative word for Bears draft is patience
- March Madness: Iowa State beats Kansas in Big 12 title game
- No trophy, no regrets as Federer departs Indian Wells for Miami
- Veteran stars lead Hawks past St. Louis in shootout
- Obama sent an aide to talk Biden out running for president in 2016
- AP sources: Busy Bills agree to sign 4, including Gore
- Beto O'Rourke announces 2020 Democratic presidential bid
- Oregon reaches 1st women's Final Four, tops Miss. St. 88-84
- 101 of the most incredible Plymouth women
- Post area clubs ready as new Bond Timber Cornwall Cricket League season set to start
- Garnett on Golf: Oakey wins scratch prize at Rushmere
- Is it fair to circumcise newborn boys?
- Cubs bullpen goes wild, Marlins rally in 9th to win
- Man-of-the-match Vunipola helps Saracens to final following Munster mauling
- Roy Curtis: 'Dublin's most painful league night under Jim Gavin highlights one big issue'
- Warriors thump Hornets, take one game lead over beaten Nuggets
Iowa Hawkeyes center Tyler Linderbaum, Rimington Trophy winner, enters NFL draft have 432 words, post on abcnews.go.com at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.