Beijing ● Thu, January 27 2022
How will China’s metaverse evolve? Look to the letter “c”. Clean, censored, compliant and crypto-less is the view from experts.
The descriptions point to the long shadow thrown by Chinese authorities who have already intimated they will have a heavy regulatory hand in how it will develop – a shadow some China metaverse advocates fear will stunt its growth.
From Microsoft’s US$69 billion plan to buy Activision to Facebook changing its name to Meta Platforms Inc , much of the tech world is leaping to build what many expect will be the next generation of the internet: Immersive virtual worlds that replicate many aspects of real life.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- China's 'participatory authoritarianism' plans to boot out bad personal behaviour in a few clicks
- China outlines vision for future transport model
- Shipping’s big bang sends two global industries spinning
- Kia Carnival revealed, launch at Auto Expo 2020
- Electrified 500 and Panda revealed as Fiat's first mild hybrids
- Ai Weiwei: The rebel who has suffered for his art
- Inside the shadowy world of spyware makers that target activists and dissidents
- Car buyers shun electric vehicles not named Tesla. Are carmakers driving off a cliff?
Metaverse with Chinese characteristics is clean, compliant have 248 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 27, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.